HMS PEGASUS (1776) - Amati - Scale 1:64

Hi Olha,

beautiful coppering and really helpful tutorial! I will plate my Cutty Sark eventually (I still haven't had time to lay the keel yet!), but I am finding out the best way to do it as I have never sheathed a model before. Which type of CA did you use? I know there are some problems with certain types of glue and the plates can come unstuck, have you had any issues? I know some people have used the embossed tape which is easier but I think it would be more authentic to use plates.

thanks

Dom

Hi Olha,

beautiful coppering and really helpful tutorial! I will plate my Cutty Sark eventually (I still haven't had time to lay the keel yet!), but I am finding out the best way to do it as I have never sheathed a model before. Which type of CA did you use? I know there are some problems with certain types of glue and the plates can come unstuck, have you had any issues? I know some people have used the embossed tape which is easier but I think it would be more authentic to use plates.

thanks

Dom
Thank you!
I also once bought a tape to try, but after several experiments I decided that it was not suitable for the model. I prefer to make a cliché of the required scale and make the plates for the model myself. On my Pegasus, the plates from the kit...
I used thick CA - I showed the bottle somewhere in the middle of the video...

Very interesting.
Olha, how did you make the scuppers? They are looking very good and realistic when installed
Are these tubes with ring bought or self made?
Screenshot 2022-10-29 103053.png

Back