HMS Pegasus - by Amati [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks for the heads up on Blue Ensign. I hadn't seen that one. It will be a big help as I progress toward the rigging.
There was another build of this ship that is off the charts on internal pieces. Crazy amount of detail. This is more of a scratch build but I think it is amazing. HMS Fly sister ship to Pegasus.

It’s here in the post , click on “HMS Fly” above. Be ready to be blown away matey!!!
Some of the builds you see on the web are unbelievable. I will never get close to that kind of craftsmanship no matter how I try. The wood finish also blows my mind. Thanks for the link.

You’re welcome Happy to share other people’s perfection. That build would do well with the split deck of the Granada thread I just saw. Imagine that for a museum quality build.

Enjoying looking at your build log. I’m building the same ship. It’s my second build. I started last August. It’s taking me longer because I have to study everything before I do it. Keep up the good work!
Beautiful work for a second build. I've only done five others so still on a steep learning curve. Good to see what others are doing on the same project. Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

njoying looking at your build log. I’m building the same ship. It’s my second build. I started last August. It’s taking me longer because I have to study everything before I do it. Keep up the good work!
Hello Steemftr @Steemftr I invite you to open your own build log, so we can enjoy following your progress. How does it sound to you?

Almost at the end of the hull build. Completed the channels and deadeyes yesterday. Saw another build with bands around the top of the swivel gun posts and liked it so added that feature to mine with small strips of black craft paper. Did the same process to the swivel guns as I did to the cannons. Soak in acetone, then scrub with acetone and a tooth brush, and drop them in JAX. When dark enough moved to fresh water then dried them on a paper towel being careful not to touch them. There were some spots where the JAX didn't quite work, but when I brushed on matte poly some of the black dissolved and the result was even coverage with no spots showing through. Finished up by installing the Boomkins with a single sleeve block. Next I'll make and install the two mast sections midships where the ships boat is stowed. No glue on swivel guns or Mr. Pegasus yet. They will grab every line that passes by so will install near the end of the build. Pegasus 094.jpg

Back