HMS Royal Caroline kit ZHL 1/30 (Following the Maarten's RC)

No,the link you gave is for prewired LEDs.Look at the heatshrink on the red wire.The resistor has already been fitted.
Hurray!!!
Dear Nigel (@NMBROOK),
That is exactly theanswer which I was waiting since I raised the question: some leds are pre-wired with resistors!
Thank you. Now everything is clear. I was just sick as all resources on Wen start to teach me the Ohm's law instead of explaining this simple idea. haha
OK, now I know what to do.

The stern got broken during the process of bending. So, we made a new one, a little bit thinner.
In order to put it to the right position, we drilled 8 holes for wires which were used as the rails during gluing.

IMG_0545.JPGIMG_0546.JPG

Later on we added the second layer, to make it more tough.
IMG_0791.JPG

Last edited:
Electric switch installation. It will be operated by the capstan.
The capstan place is in the middle of the two hatches...
IMG_0567.JPG
... just in the middle of the beam
IMG_0578.JPG

First, I made a 6 mm whole in the deck, to center the switch.

IMG_0570.JPG

And then the 17mm whole for the capstan was made.

IMG_0574.JPGIMG_0577.JPG

She is coming along great, this is one of the best hull frames that I have had the pleasure to plank, everything went together so well, enjoy,
Hmmm... Instead, my father is not happy with it:
- planks are not good enough, and nails split them. So, practically every nail goes only after the drilling.
- the same with ribs. You can see on the photo, that he had to add layers to the rib in the middle, where planks meet, so that nails to not split it.
But in general he does not enjoy planking. He says: "Give me a log, and I will make a perfect shape in one day out of it. Why do I do this stupid planking?!"
hahaha.
NB! he sharpened these pushpins from 1mm to 0.5mm as well.

IMG_0615.JPG

Here is 2photo which explain why my father is not happy with the planking of this ship. He cannot use all planks and he is afraid it will not be enough, as too many are not suitable. IMG_0651.JPG
The next three planks were supposed to have the same width
IMG_0652.JPG
BTW the cat is also not happy. He thinks that even the Artesania Latina's wood was better.
(Disclaimer: the editorial staff does not have to share the cat's opinion, he acts on his own risk)

Last edited:
See the English partslist attached.
===PARTS LIST ===
Here is the same list, exported to XLS (sorry, @Maarten , PDF is not editable!)
It is now placed in the Google Docs environment, so everyone can see it up-to-date and participate.
It is not perfect yet, so, please, DO not hesitate to improve it.
Let's make it a SHARED PARTS LIST !

Last edited:
Back