HMS Royal William 1719 1:55 by OlegM

Nice project and hopefully to be implemented, although I prefer traditional methods of modeling, but what really counts is the effect, I know how hard you have to work in CAD or another 3D program, but I wish you good luck and beautiful end results.

your model is bringing the sunshine into your house - Very good workmanship - :cool:

when i see work like this, it makes me embarrassed that i ever built a model ship.....maybe in my next lifetime, i'll have the money and the patience.....absolutely superb!!!....

when i see work like this, it makes me embarrassed that i ever built a model ship.....maybe in my next lifetime, i'll have the money and the patience.....absolutely superb!!!....
Do not be embarrassed by your own work learn from them and start again! If you are never scared, embarrassed, or hurt, it means you never take chances. Embarrassment isn't a just cause of action.;)

ahhh.....wisdom.......now you gonna make me have to think about it all....let's see....well, my father, when i was young..............oops, sorry, wrong thread ....big smiley....................haha, i guess, i must have learned something, or i wouldn't be able to truly appreciate the masterful work that people have done....like oleg.........thanks....vc

I have not read thru your entire build yet as this if the first time that I have seen it, but I have to say that you are definitely one talented person not just an average model builder as am I. I can see that you are designing this from the ground up perfectly engineering each detail, I have to ask are you going to develope and produce a kit? Of the Royal William? I don't believe that any other kits exist of this ship. I will definitely reread the thread and follow to completion.

I have not read thru your entire build yet as this if the first time that I have seen it, but I have to say that you are definitely one talented person not just an average model builder as am I. I can see that you are designing this from the ground up perfectly engineering each detail, I have to ask are you going to develope and produce a kit? Of the Royal William? I don't believe that any other kits exist of this ship. I will definitely reread the thread and follow to completion.

There was a kit by Euromodel, but if I'm correct this company doesn't exist anymore. Anyway, the kit was very old, with very poor quality decoration metal castings.

I never had an idea to create a full kit, but I did had an idea to try to sell something like a half kit - only wood parts plus artillery, so no rigging blocks/threads, no metal parts (like ringbolts or hooks or sheaves etc). This would be fine for experienced guys that are ok with scratch building. I thought it might be a good idea to sell it in blocks, for example block 1 - hull base structure, block 2 - external planking, block 3 - internal planking, and so on - deck planking, artillery, internal fittings, external fittings, stern+head, decorations. So that everyone could buy only that block that he thought he needed.
However, I estimate the number of people that can build at such level, at such scale and willing to pay such high cost - as too small or even zero, definitely not enough even to bother with the instructions manual... The price would not be small, because I do not do any compromise with quality, and you should if you want to make the price of the kit reasonable and still make profit. I mean, there are experienced modelers, for sure, but at this level they prefer to build themselves and not pay for parts

Back