HMS Vanguard - Amati - scale 1:72 - Foto

Напилил крышек пушечных портов нижней орудийной палубы, не решил на данный момент когда их устанавливать.

I sawed off the covers for the cannon ports on the lower gun deck, but have not yet decided when to install them.

IMG_20231111_211449.jpg

IMG_20231111_211251.jpg

IMG_20231111_211334.jpg

IMG_20231111_211310.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be not easy to define, when the best time to install the lids is
I guess you know yourself (and how you handle the hull during working), if the lids will get some damage or not
But definitely - they are looking very good - very accurate work

Долго не мог решить как делать трубу, Амати предлагает круглую, на Victory по крайней мере в настоящем её виде также круглая, на моделях из гринвича большей частью квадратные. Решил попробовать зделать вот так.

For a long time I could not decide how to make a pipe, Amati suggests a round one, on Victory, at least in its present form, it is also round, on models from Greenwich they are mostly square. I decided to try to do it like this.

IMG_20231116_084958.jpg

IMG_20231116_084911.jpg

IMG_20231116_084851.jpg

The chimney is looking very good - very good execution and metal work.
Often the chimneys were round, because it was easier to turn the opening into the best direction with the wind - otherwise the wind would press the smoke into the chimney
If you are interested please take a look at this topic

I am not 100% sure, I think your chimney is located on the forecastle, so the opening of the chimney is towards aft -> on fixed rectangle chimneys the opening of a chimney should be towards fore, so that the smoke would disappear with the wind.......

The chimney is looking very good - very good execution and metal work.
Often the chimneys were round, because it was easier to turn the opening into the best direction with the wind - otherwise the wind would press the smoke into the chimney
If you are interested please take a look at this topic

I am not 100% sure, I think your chimney is located on the forecastle, so the opening of the chimney is towards aft -> on fixed rectangle chimneys the opening of a chimney should be towards fore, so that the smoke would disappear with the wind.......
Благодарствую за ссылку, посмотрю. По моему мнению так же труба должна смотреть на нос, но на моделях из гринвича трубы смотрят на корму, вот и поставил так. Да и колпак съёмный можно и так , и эдак поставить.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look. In my opinion, the pipe should also face the bow, but on Greenwich models the pipes face the stern, so I installed it that way. Yes, and the removable cap can be installed this way or that way.

Screenshot_20231116-164507.png

Screenshot_20231116-164407.png

Screenshot_20231116-164342.png

Также вопросы были по покраске, остановился на этом варианте. На данный момент практически закончил наружные стороны бортов, процесс не быстрый, крашу кисточками в три слоя.

There were also questions about painting, so I settled on this option. At the moment I have almost finished the outer sides of the sides, the process is not fast, I paint with brushes in three layers.

IMG_20231119_215137.jpg

IMG_20231118_141743.jpg

Хм, а причем здесь Грузия?
I don't read Russian and there was no translation so I can only guess as to the meaning of your question. But In 1781 Vanguard was a floating example of all that was best and most elegant in English artistic design of the period of the four Georges reign in England. In this case George III. So much so that period of the mid to late 18thc. became known as the Georgian Period, singled out for its' particular elegance, grace, and innovation in design across the whole spectrum of art, architecture and innovation. Your model is doing it justice and you very proud!

Pete

I don't read Russian and there was no translation so I can only guess as to the meaning of your question. But In 1781 Vanguard was a floating example of all that was best and most elegant in English artistic design of the period of the four Georges reign in England. In this case George III. So much so that period of the mid to late 18thc. became known as the Georgian Period, singled out for its' particular elegance, grace, and innovation in design across the whole spectrum of art, architecture and innovation. Your model is doing it justice and you very proud!

Pete
Everything became clear, the difficulties of machine translation, and then I think that I was recorded in the Georgians.

The catheads are very good executed
I love your overall appearance of the model - especially the copper sheating is extremely good (but I guess I mentioned this already several times
keep on the high quality work

Back