HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Just recognized something ..... maybe you should revise the pattern of the sheeting.....

We can see that your sheets are not overlapping each other, but are side by side installed
- we can see this with the double parallel line of rivets. See my red and green arrows
355451A4-B88D-43A0-A16C-69D5354D91B2.jpeg.d8a4ee18ccb108ecf8948a0db9dc827e.jpg

The sheets had to be overlapping, so that the water has no or less possibility to reach the wooden planks

I searched a little bit to show this principle
EV2015-239-first-copper-removal-1024x683.jpg Screen-Shot-2016-11-14-at-4.19.12-PM.png

Here a page of the french 74-gun ship by Boudriot
IMG_17951.jpg

and one example of a section I built by myself some time ago with copper plates
IMG_24641.jpg

Sorry, but I did not realize it with the first photo, but if you want to change it, do it now......

Hi Uwek. Thanks very much for your tip. I think I may want to revise the pattern. After all it’s less work imprinting the nails. Ripping off copper I installed may be not an option for now as I do not know if I have enough copper. I will continue with revised pattern and correct old pattern if I have enough copper.

I noticed that copper sheathing gets marked with scratches very easily as tape is very thin. I try not noticing these marks telling myself that it looks more authentic this way. How am I going to protect copper from further damage if I am still a few years away from completing this model? Probably plastic wrapping film will do.

Last edited:
Scratch built this item (use of it to me is unknown, there is no any ropes around it so may be it is just a decoration). Canadian cent is same size as us cent.

Caronade (8).jpg

B155864B-DB55-4BC7-8D3F-25A9BB68D79C.jpeg

Back