HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Want to mention I started using so called ink paints instead of acrylic paints. I Like them much better. Ones I use now are major ones for Victory type fleet - black and yellow ochre.
Hello Y.T. please show us those inc paints so folks get familiar. How do you use them: paint with brush\airbrush or as a dye?

These inks are penetrating into wood fibres much better than acrylics. They have better flow capacity. After curing they are bright. No need covering with lacquers as I had to do with acrylic paint.

By the way Jimsky. It was by your idea I had first use of inks. Remember deadeyes for my model?
Yes, I do, Y.T. I wanted our members to be more familiar with those inks, and happy to know they are a new way to substitute acrylic paints. ;)

I use brushes only. They go from tiniest to larger ones. Brushes are for acrylic paint. I never used air brush. I do not think they are suitable for work I do.

I know you made your own chain plate. I started to use ones supplied. they have a tendency to break. did you try and have same problem?

Here however I am stamping in completely new and foreign territory of ropes. Probably my efforts look miserable to experts.
What is your method of making ropes, Y.T? From the pictures above, they look very good, but the rope itself is relatively small yo see details.

Why would you think, your ropes are miserable? As I said in the previous post, they are nice ropes! You may need to dye them for standing rigging (tar). For running, you would need to find tan color threads.

Back