HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Even endless things are coming to the end. Figurehead is now compete. I had to do important changes to Mamoli supply of figurehead castings. The cherubs had abominable raised hands. Hands were getting out of their bodies as if they did not have shoulder bones in their skeletons. I had build the bodies up with Milliput.
The heraldic coat of arms had very small central coat of arms shield. I changed that to twice as large shield as well.

6BA6FC36-C213-4057-BB61-C7B3DF5EF378.jpeg

I've started building the PanArt "Victory Bow and Section" kit, and I love these close up photos of the figurehead paint job. I have a souvineer booklet that I bought when I visited the Victory in 1972. The Bow is prominently displayed and I was going to use the pics as a guide. But I think I will be using your build guide as a reference. On the photo in the booklet the white figures do not have colored sashes., I've read on other blogs that one is red and the other blue, which is how you painted them. I hope I can do as good a paint job as you did.

I had a casting by Mamoli but had to modify the smaller central coat of arms as it was too small. I just ground off the existing one, and glued on mine made of the carton. I had it all painted with automotive primer to create uniform painting surface.
Wish I would of thought of that.... as I was not and still not happy with the quality of the casting.

Lanterns. I used the castings provided with the kit. I was not happy with them but used them at the end when found acceptable painting pattern for them. I selected the sky blue to represent the glass. Idea is that it is a day time and the lanterns are not lit. All 3 lanterns were same size. I shortened the side ones by one glass section so they look more as on real ship.

1A318558-EEC1-47A7-98C4-22B1EB413379.jpegF459278E-8BAB-45B7-81F0-9CF1F2EFADA7.jpeg36414E8E-E69D-4C46-89CB-8D7FBBEDBE14.jpeg

Back