HMS Winchelsea 1764, 32 gun Frigate 1:48, Syren Ship model by Trussben

Hi Ben
I just went back to the beginning of your build log looking for more on how you did the frieze work. Perhaps I missed it but wanted to say it is spectacular and was wondering if you used the methods described by David Antscherl in his TFFM series books. If not, can you share a little on your methodology? MANY thanks.
Allan

Hi Ben
I just went back to the beginning of your build log looking for more on how you did the frieze work. Perhaps I missed it but wanted to say it is spectacular and was wondering if you used the methods described by David Antscherl in his TFFM series books. If not, can you share a little on your methodology? MANY thanks.
Allan
Hi Allen,
The frieze work was done by Syren who designed the kit, I printed it out on lightweight bond paper, sprayed with Matt fixative and then used an Elmer’s glue stick to apply them, finished off with a couple coats of dullcoat.

QD yan ve taffrail korkulukları tamamlandı, şimdi QD göğüs korkuluğu üzerinde çalışacağız ve ardından FC korkuluklarına geri döneceğiz.

View attachment 472375
BURADA BİR SORU SORMAK İSTİYORUM.gemide gercekte yan fügürler oymayı bıraktı,yoksa resim mi yapılmıştı??

BURADA BİR SORU SORMAK İSTİYORUM. Yan figürler gemide gerçekten oyulmayı bıraktı mı yoksa boyandı mı?

FC rails and details just being finished up and the belfry and its rail waiting to be installed. Need some square wire to make the spanshackles and chapter 9 is completed.

Chapter 10 will be completed very soon, just the QD cannons, binnacle and ships wheel to be completed.

IMG_7030.jpegIMG_7029.jpeg

How many chapters are left?
Hi
So there are 12 chapters overall, I just have the 8 QD cannons to make and fit to finish chapter 10.
Chapter 11 is the channels, deadeyes, fenders, crosstrees, a couple of ladders and railings.
Chapter 12 is the Headworks.
And then it’s done!

Hi
So there are 12 chapters overall, I just have the 8 QD cannons to make and fit to finish chapter 10.
Chapter 11 is the channels, deadeyes, fenders, crosstrees, a couple of ladders and railings.
Chapter 12 is the Headworks.
And then it’s done!
Thank you!

Chapter 9 completed with the spanshackles in place.
I truly love your model, and must add that it is nice to see the names of the various parts used so there is no doubt about the item to which you are referring. Do you use Falconer or some other dictionary? I find Falconer quite useful (free on the web for anyone interested- https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/57705/pg57705-images.html) if I find a term in more modern books such as The Masting and Rigging by Lees that do not explain a particular item/term.
Allan

Back