also have added the life buoy wrack to the forward skylight,

112.jpg
How the life buoys stack on it,

113.jpg
the boxes fr the P & S lights,

114.jpg
I will use these after market lights,

115.jpg
This is the manhole that goes behind the superstructure, it leads down to the steering compartment, i will add some
wing type lock down levers to some of these parts,

116.jpg
a storage locker that goes near the manhole,

117.jpg
most of these parts are just made up from plywood, the main thing is to ensure that they are square,

Really enjoying this build, this the first build thread of this model I've seen anywhere.
Looking forward to more pics

Looking forward with interest.
I bought 2 Grimmershorns so I'm taking my time see how you build yours before I start. Krick suggests 2 motors one can use, the MFA Torpedo 919D/540 (Krick version), 2.5:1 ratio or the 800 direct drive, (MFA I'm guessing) which is same size as CEN 900, both use same motor mount, these two are quiet, good torque motors but not as easy to fit as MFA 919D/540.

Looking forward with interest.
I bought 2 Grimmershorns so I'm taking my time see how you build yours before I start. Krick suggests 2 motors one can use, the MFA Torpedo 919D/540 (Krick version), 2.5:1 ratio or the 800 direct drive, (MFA I'm guessing) which is same size as CEN 900, both use same motor mount, these two are quiet, good torque motors but not as easy to fit as MFA 919D/540.

You sound a bit like me, I've always got several model's on the go at one time, I like a bit of variation,

Best regards John,

Well in my case I built the first one with many-many flaws so that in the second built there are a few less...just a few!

Just got kit, question: Is there a template/diagram to build the wooden keel? Yours looks perfect.
Regards,
Hans

G'day Hans, the wooden keel pieces are laser cut, the largest of the two wooden pieces butts up against the end of the plastic keel, there are no templates you have to align them by eye, I cut a thin strip of wood just under the thickness of the wooden keel pieces to help me mark where the keel pieces had to fit, I describe this process on the first page of the build, you just have to make sure that the pieces are centred and square to the hull, an extra pair of hands helps at this stage, hope that this helps you,
Best regards John,

Uwe it might have to wait a little, I'm light-years away from build level here!

Back