La Belle - Caf Model 1:48 by Thomas Marocke [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Daniel!

The scrappers are from "Shicheng" and were in the kits of the "42 ft gunboat" and the "La Requin". I don't know if the company still produces them today.

SANY1215.JPG

The term "Scrappers" in German is "Zieheisen". The term is sometimes translated differently by the translator. ;)

The Router bits are from Proxxon. But also Dremel and other manufactorers offer them. These router bits are very rarely used by me and need a stationary, solid drive machine, good workpiece guidance and careful use.

Best regards
Thomas

Hallo Thomas,
your work on the the rails is very accurate - real fine and accurate work - Thumbsup
Your La Belle is getting a real beauty and your model is completely reflecting her name

SANY1244.JPG
The La Belle was allowed out of the workshop into the daylight. The decorations are cleaned with a fresh toothbrush and painted once with a fine brush with nitro primer. After the final painting on the finished model, the ship's name can also be painted on. On raw wood, the paint sinks in or can run.

P5190261.JPG
The constant touching makes the light wood greasy or dirty, hence the quick primer. In addition, the surface of the wood becomes a little harder and does not get scratches so quickly. Also glue residues can be seen under the paint as milky spots and can be eliminated at the latest now.

P5190259.JPG
Now also the beautiful wood colours look much better than in the workshop.

P5190263.JPG

Best regards
Thomas

I like your model (and way of working) very much - she is getting a really fine and accurate build model :cool:

In order to be able to put on the next decks, the rooms underneath had to be painted first.

SANY1269.JPG
A brush was bent to apply the primer in all corners.

P6090270.JPG

P6090271.JPG
Every modeler has different preference like oiling, varnishing etc. I use nitro varnish. On the two upper pictures the finished primer with the brush. It still looks very blotchy. Now an intermediate step was done with sandpaper (duration about half an hour).

P6090273.JPG

P6090272.JPG
Then the cover for the airbrush painting in the garden.

P6090275.JPG
Beautiful weather invited to paint.

P6090278.JPG

P6090276.JPG
And the finished paint job in matte lacquer. The wood gets a warm tone and is protected.

P6090279.JPG
On this occasion, the door and the ship's boat was also painted.

Best regards
Thomas

The "good old" Clou Schnellschleifgrund - which I am using also in the meantime (many thanks for this tipp to @Jeronimo )
Very good work - the model is getting a real good one !!!!

I'm just repeating what everybody is saying: stunning work on a beautiful ship!! Really enjoyed reading and will follow this build too.

Back