La Belle Poule 1780 by Thomas

Thomas, I really like your approach using the filler blocks. Not full blocks between the bulkheads, but wide enough to give a really good added visual as to how the planking will follow.

P1250520.JPG
A greeting from the sanding and dusting hell. Now the number of components of the underwater hull is approching the upper half.

P1250521.JPG

P1250523.JPG

P1250525.JPG
Now the bulkheads of the last level are still missing. When this is done the final fine sanding of the entire hull and a final cleaning of both the model and the workshop will follow.
But now I have to take a bath myself. :D

Best regards
Thomas

The skeleton structure is looking a little bit strange, or better unusual, with these two horizontal layers.
But I am sure it is making the structure extremely stiff and accurate
Looking very good

@Uwek, I can personally affirm that such a construction method makes the skeleton accurate and very rigid. The first time, I have seen such a method on cardboard kits as the reinforcement (make sense).

I like Thomas's idea to reinforce the bulkheads and make a more surface for planking. :cool: looks well done, and makes a great foundation for planking. The planks are single-layer, so it will be hard to deal with mistakes (if any).

P2030530.JPG

P2030534.JPG

P2030538.JPG

P2030533.JPG
The last bulkhead reinforcements and additional bulkheads have been installed. The hull shape is clearly visible and the 1 mm thick planks now have a solid surface. Sanding was done exclusively with 120 und 150 grit sandpaper to prevent splitering of the plywood. A final sanding of the entire outside of the hull was done with grit 240.

P2030535.JPGP2030537.JPG
Workshop and ship were cleaned and are ready for the next assembly work. Despite hand sanding, everything was dusty and it is wonderful to have an extra room for such work.

I wish everyone a nice weekend
Thomas

Excellent fairing and shaping. Very nice technique on the fillers. Very clean framing.

View attachment 355313

View attachment 355315

View attachment 355318

View attachment 355314
The last bulkhead reinforcements and additional bulkheads have been installed. The hull shape is clearly visible and the 1 mm thick planks now have a solid surface. Sanding was done exclusively with 120 und 150 grit sandpaper to prevent splitering of the plywood. A final sanding of the entire outside of the hull was done with grit 240.

View attachment 355316View attachment 355317
Workshop and ship were cleaned and are ready for the next assembly work. Despite hand sanding, everything was dusty and it is wonderful to have an extra room for such work.

Thomas
Dear Thomas
congratulations for achieving this stage in the model, you are doing wonderful work and very accurate. well done my friend

Well, what can one say. That as yet unplanked hull looks so great that it can be displayed as is! Well done Thomas - it is a masterclass in precision!

View attachment 355313

View attachment 355315

View attachment 355318

View attachment 355314

View attachment 355316View attachment 355317

Thomas
Beautiful work Thomas!
She should plank very well. ;)

Very clean and accurate preparation work - now the planking can begin

Thomas, I would like to extend my condoleances to you for the loss of your father-in-law. And I express the hope you recover fast from Covid and find time and energy again so you can enjoy our hobby again.

Dear Thomas,
I would like to extend my condoleances to you and to your Dear wife , for the loss of your father-in-law.:(
I hope that you recover fast from Covid, and that you will be fully recovere.

Back