La Renommée - French Frigate 1744 (1/48) - Based on Monographie from J. BOUDRIOT

The timber wall looks very good and is fitting very well. Thumbs-Up
I am surprised, that they built sandwich panels, with both sides planked...
......I guess at most ships they used panels with only one side planked - maybe somebody knows, if there was a rule or regulation for this detail?

Patrick...your attention to detail is unmatched....but I've noticed one small issue, if I may.
You have compensated for the planking under the timbers on the exposed side... and most recently under the sandwiched panel you used filler for the nails/pins on.
I did notice you did not use the same compensating planks under the powder room ceiling beams on the exposed side. They are glued down right to the frames and the photo showing the length of the build shows that these ceiling timbers are not perfectly level with all the other leveled systems.
Maybe you overlooked these.

Rob

It is looking very good - well done Thumbs-Up

Two questions, if allowed:
1) I realized some smaller recesses you made next to the frames, on some area you marked them with pencil, but did not cut them until now -> What is the reason for them?
Inked0612_LI.jpg

2) In the case, that the deck is not already glued and fixed, would it be possible to turn the deck element and make a photo of the bottom, so we can see the structure of the element - would be very interesting

Excellent work Patrick

Uwe they are not notches.If you look closely the deck has a smooth edge with pieces of planking glued on to represent the diagonal stringers.Further forward the planking would be continuous hence the lack of apparent notches.
Because one side is unplanked,the other option would be to leave a gap the thickness of the planks but then the deck would have no support on one side.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Uwe,

Nigel is OK : one of the sides of the ship does not have planking, so I simulate it on the other side. For the central oblique patient, I leave the "whites" :

This deck is now glued, but the other side is identical : they are only sticks glued to each other.

I hope I understand and respond clearly to your request.

Cordially.

Patrick

Back