La Soleil Royal 1:90 Scale (ZHL) A Bandido Build

While I wait for the Kit to arrive I have attached a couple of Photos of my Workshop and a New Work station and keel clamp I built for this Model I enjoy the Preparation stuff Work stations, tools requirements, all forms of articles, and construction information on the model I am going to build. I am a firm believer in advance preparation, This Kit will be the Largest model I have ever built! So wish me luck and I will be asking many questions as the build progresses

While I wait for the Kit to arrive I have attached a couple of Photos of my Workshop and a New Work station and keel clamp I built for this Model I enjoy the Preparation stuff Work stations, tools requirements, all forms of articles, and construction information on the model I am going to build. I am a firm believer in advance preparation, This Kit will be the Largest model I have ever built! So wish me luck and I will be asking many questions as the build progresses
My first Attempt at Posting my Build Ops no PhotosDSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Nice setup Bandido
Nice setup Bandido
Received my Kit yesterday and Jumped right in! Took a couple of hours to review and get familiar with the contents, a lot of stuff!! so far everything looks good! The Keel comes in 2 parts with 2 wood reinforcement pcs for the glue joint. I also have a small warp in the keel so I have steamed and clamped it along the picture1.JPGpicture2.JPGtop and bottom I hope that will straighten it out, actually I think the bulkheads will do that when installed?

picture3.JPG

picture4.JPG

Now the fun is starting - wish you a lot of fun with this project

Received my Kit yesterday and Jumped right in! Took a couple of hours to review and get familiar with the contents, a lot of stuff!! so far everything looks good! The Keel comes in 2 parts with 2 wood reinforcement pcs for the glue joint. I also have a small warp in the keel so I have steamed and clamped it along the View attachment 288215View attachment 288216top and bottom I hope that will straighten it out, actually I think the bulkheads will do that when installed?

View attachment 288217

View attachment 288218
Hi Bandido
Now the fun starts :)

Day Number two Attached all the Bulkheads to the Keel, actually went pretty easy parts fit good. spent some time on the bow area of the ship trying to figure out how to get the bowsprit to align with the front section of the ship? I did a lot of reading and figured out that curving the wall section resolves the issue I had to do a small amount of filing but it fits!! I will tell you one thing the instructions for this model are just about nonexistent!!! They could have done a little better job! For those of you who have built this ship, I have a question? Part #18 looks like a rudder I can not find anything mentioning or showing the piece in the instructions. Don't know where it goes??DSC_0024 (1).JPGDSC_0026 (1).JPGDSC_0022 (1).JPGDSC_0021 (1).JPG

Day Number two Attached all the Bulkheads to the Keel, actually went pretty easy parts fit good. spent some time on the bow area of the ship trying to figure out how to get the bowsprit to align with the front section of the ship? I did a lot of reading and figured out that curving the wall section resolves the issue I had to do a small amount of filing but it fits!! I will tell you one thing the instructions for this model are just about nonexistent!!! They could have done a little better job! For those of you who have built this ship, I have a question? Part #18 looks like a rudder I can not find anything mentioning or showing the piece in the instructions. Don't know where it goes??View attachment 288655View attachment 288660View attachment 288656View attachment 288659
Now comes the fun stuff 65 cannon bracketsDSC_0023 (1).JPG

Most all kits will at least have a pictorial manual as it would be a hardship to have a text manual to cover all the languages. Did you ever figure out the part problem?

Day Number two Attached all the Bulkheads to the Keel, actually went pretty easy parts fit good. spent some time on the bow area of the ship trying to figure out how to get the bowsprit to align with the front section of the ship? I did a lot of reading and figured out that curving the wall section resolves the issue I had to do a small amount of filing but it fits!! I will tell you one thing the instructions for this model are just about nonexistent!!! They could have done a little better job! For those of you who have built this ship, I have a question? Part #18 looks like a rudder I can not find anything mentioning or showing the piece in the instructions. Don't know where it goes??View attachment 288655View attachment 288660View attachment 288656View attachment 288659
Hi Bandido
You are off for a good start.

Regarding the rudder it is part #18. See picture below
It is described on page 34 of the instructions.

I agree with you that the instructions provided by ZHL are extremely poor.

Rudder.jpg

I too have this kit in my stash for later in the year when I finish Unicorn. Max threw in the instructional DVD which might help the build. Might be worth asking him. Cheers Francis

Hi Bandido

View attachment 288717
I appreciate the help on that
Hi Bandido

View attachment 288717
Thanks Gilbert for the help

Most all kits will at least have a pictorial manual as it would be a hardship to have a text manual to cover all the languages. Did you ever figure out the part problem?
Yes Gilbert helped, It has text and a pictorial cd but Max could improve on it in some areas, but figuring things out is half the the fun!!

Back