Planset review LA VOLAGE – A long bark / Barque longue - 1693 in scale 1:24 or 1:36 by Jean-Claude Lemineur

Is there any difference with arragement with the case between the plansets 1/24 and 1/36 ?
I bought the 1/48 74-Gun ship and it comes in a plasticenvelope with a carton slipcase. Very ugly and doesn´t combine
with the other monos in the shelf.
Hallo Oliver,
the drawings of the 74-gun ship was produced much later (by Lemineur) than the four books. and are not part of a typical monograph like all the others.
So at this time, when ancre published the drawings, they were only thought as working drawings to build a model.
Also my set of the drawings are keept together in such a (I would say "simple") card board slipcase
They are also called offcially "timbering plans"
IMG_18281.jpg

Thanks Guys. My birthdaypresent is not yet fixed and i have still doubt which scale.
Yes, Uwe they are for working. Like the others. I think the most buyers are entushiasts and buy the monos for the booksehelf.
And the price is not too cheap. I love the products from Didier, but for this bunch of money i would like to get a littlelittle bit more.
Btw. Gerards CdM killed my Bookshelf as well. Too high :eek: .

Thanks Guys. My birthdaypresent is not yet fixed and i have still doubt which scale.
Yes, Uwe they are for working. Like the others. I think the most buyers are entushiasts and buy the monos for the booksehelf.
And the price is not too cheap. I love the products from Didier, but for this bunch of money i would like to get a littlelittle bit more.
Btw. Gerards CdM killed my Bookshelf as well. Too high :eek: .
I will soon get the other scale versions of the Volage from Didier, so I will try to show the difference as best as possible.....

Sorry, that it took so long

In the meantime I got my second copy of the monograph from Didier Berti from ancre - Once more many Thanks for it

So we are able to compare the english version in scale 1:36 with the original french version in scale 1:24

IMG-64841a.jpg

IMG-64851a.jpg

First of all the Insight in the english version of the booklet

IMG-64861a.jpg

IMG-64871a.jpg IMG-64881a.jpg

IMG-64891a.jpg IMG-64901a.jpg

IMG-64911a.jpg IMG-64921a.jpg

IMG-64931a.jpg IMG-64941a.jpg

IMG-64951a.jpg IMG-64961a.jpg

IMG-64971a.jpg IMG-64981a.jpg

and here some comparison of the scale - in both versions completely the same drawings are included - only reduced by the scale
Both drawing sets have a very good printing and paper quality...... A very good basis for such a project

IMG-64991a.jpg

IMG-65001a.jpg

IMG-65011a.jpg

When I opened the new copy of the monograph in scale 1:36, I was surprised how small this vessel is. In scale 1:48 it would be somehow a miniature

I am thinking about building this ship in scratch, I will definitely build her in 1:24

On the wooded elevation, we see that the limbs are not parallel but inclined forward for some and backward for others....

Thank you very much for your kind words! I have a full time job when the Lockdown ends some time, as well as two kids in home-schooling and a wife...
A 1/48 POF Kit would be absolutely amazing, but If this won't happen, i'll try to build her from scratch.
In any case, a really nice ship!
Hallo @peted79
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Fantástico. Admirable.¿Me puedes decir en que material lo has realizado ? Saludos desde mi aldea( Las cuevas de Utiel). Valencia España

Fantastic. Can you tell me in what material you have made it? Greetings from my village (Las cuevas de Utiel). Valencia Spain

¡Ay!

LA VOLAGE planset ..... como siempre de alta calidad.:)

Elementos decorativos para el modelo LA VOLAGE.
Mirando los planes - SZKUTNIK TEAM llegó a una conclusión ligeramente diferente a la de FRANCIS CLEMENS.
Creemos que las decoraciones en los costados del barco y debajo del mascarón de proa no deberían tener el fondo completamente lleno.

View attachment 211667
View attachment 211668

View attachment 211669View attachment 211670View attachment 211671
View attachment 211672

FRANCIS CLEMENS mostró los decorados con fondo liso en su modelo LA VOLAGE.
View attachment 211684
View attachment 211685
View attachment 211687View attachment 211688

Nunca mío. Ambas versiones de decoración están disponibles.
Voy a empezar esta obra pero fallo en estas piezas.¿Donde las puedo conseguir? Gracias y saludos desde mi cueva. Las cuevas de utiel. Valencia.España.

I'm going to start this work but I'm missing these pieces, where can I get them? Thanks and greetings from my cave. The caves of utiel. Valencia, Spain.

Voy a empezar esta obra pero fallo en estas piezas.¿Donde las puedo conseguir? Gracias y saludos desde mi cueva. Las cuevas de utiel. Valencia.España.

I'm going to start this work but I'm missing these pieces, where can I get them? Thanks and greetings from my cave. The caves of utiel. Valencia, Spain.
Hallo @Luango
first of all I would like to send a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
So we hope to see your work on the La Volage in a building log?!?
In which scale do you plan to build your model?

Hola [USUARIO=15805]@Luango[/USUARIO]
En primer lugar, me gustaría enviarles una cálida bienvenida a bordo de nuestro foro.
Entonces, ¿esperamos ver su trabajo en La Volage en un registro de construcción?
¿A qué escala planeas construir tu modelo?
1/24 en madera de cerezo

1/24 in cherry wood

Last edited by a moderator:
Back