Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Hallo Adi,
good to see an update of your model activities and progress !
Very good, accurate and technically correct (I think) nailing pattern - It is looking very good
Endspurt - there are not so much planks and nails missing :cool:

First of all, thank you very much for your likes and comments. Somewhat slowed down by my job, my progress was slow, but I did manage to pull up the planks of the later open side. The terrible nail job included. I already dream about it at night.;)

Coureur_20210702_1.jpg

Coureur_20210707_1.jpg

What additionally stops is the breaking of the planks along the direction of the grain, despite watering and bending with the soldering iron.
Repair or scratch build is the order of the day here.

Coureur_20210709_1.jpg

Here I have opted for repair. Below then the installation.

Coureur_20210709_2.jpg

Coureur_20210709_3.jpg

Coureur_20210709_4.jpg

First of all, thank you very much for your likes and comments. Somewhat slowed down by my job, my progress was slow, but I did manage to pull up the planks of the later open side. The terrible nail job included. I already dream about it at night.;)

View attachment 242940

View attachment 242941

What additionally stops is the breaking of the planks along the direction of the grain, despite watering and bending with the soldering iron.
Repair or scratch build is the order of the day here.

View attachment 242942

Here I have opted for repair. Below then the installation.

View attachment 242943

View attachment 242944

View attachment 242945
Dear adi
you are doing wonderful work, great planking job Exclamation-Mark :) Thumbsup

I am using every time the water based one - some drops of water with a brash on the area - and after some waitiing and repeating and some help with a sharp knife into the joint .......
In my opinion and experience for static models the best ......

ES passiert immer wieder einmal, dass man eine Klebestelle wieder öffnen muß
Ungluecklicherweise, das stimmt.
Dear friends, I am infinitely grateful for your kind support. You must know that although I can handle English quite well, I have to learn many special shipbuilding terms. That the „stringers“ are called carlings is now clear to me.:):)
That's not English, Adi--that's Schiffbau (ship building lingo).

Did they supply enough extra planking to complete the build, Adi?
The inner and outer hull planking and also the Deck are Laser cut planks. So you get the complete planking well prepared, complete and fitting with the correct size and widths

It is a great log to follow! The composition of your planking has a really workmanlike character to it which I find very realistic. I am following your work on the deck fitments with great interest.

Back