LE COUREUR - french Lugger 1776 - POF kit from CAF in 1:48 by Uwe

I fully agree, this is a wonderful platform for builders, present and future . I must admit I have made far to many errors by jumping ahead too quickly. My project can hardly be considered wholly accurate any more. I would like to bring forward the fact that with the plans, instructions, and drawings provided with this kit are poor to the extreme and opens the door to many errors. I can't count the ungluing session I had , accompanied with the proper language of course. This forum provides the proper info. to make this build possible, left to it's own resources this kit is a fail.
On that note I will end my log as it can be of no use. I will try my luck again when I start "Bluenose".

Many Thanks for your comments and likes

After installing the inner planking of the rails I was able to reduce the height of the frames to the correct height and adjust the top timber of the rail
Thre lengths of the top timbers have to be still adjusted (after final fixing - in moment they are dry fitted only)
IMG-6844.jpg

IMG-6845.jpg

The view from inside
IMG-6846.jpg

Very good visible are here the top of the frames passing through notches in the top timber - these are the basis for the oars
IMG-6847.jpg

The small gap between the lowest inner plank at the keel will be later on not visible any more (I shortened the plank just 1mm too short)
IMG-6848.jpg

and the view of the situation aft
IMG-6849.jpg

These are photos of the status some days ago....... since 4 days I have electricty problems in my workshop, due to the fact, that the main fuse is defect.
So I have to wait for a sparepart - a mandatory break not able to work on the model ....... sh.....

Many Thanks for your comments and likes

After installing the inner planking of the rails I was able to reduce the height of the frames to the correct height and adjust the top timber of the rail
Thre lengths of the top timbers have to be still adjusted (after final fixing - in moment they are dry fitted only)
View attachment 247271

View attachment 247272

The view from inside
View attachment 247273

Very good visible are here the top of the frames passing through notches in the top timber - these are the basis for the oars
View attachment 247274

The small gap between the lowest inner plank at the keel will be later on not visible any more (I shortened the plank just 1mm too short)
View attachment 247275

and the view of the situation aft
View attachment 247276

These are photos of the status some days ago....... since 4 days I have electricty problems in my workshop, due to the fact, that the main fuse is defect.
So I have to wait for a sparepart - a mandatory break not able to work on the model ....... sh.....
Hello Uwe.......... noticing the dark edge of your deck planks......may I ask again what you used for that ?

i?

@Uwek

What is the benfit or the difference to normal acrylic colors. Any experience with lightfastness ?
I used the tip made once by @Maarten on his model, so I used these coloures here the first time.
The advantage in principle is the fact, that you still see the grain of the timber, so very good f.e. for painting the wales or hull planking.
To @Jimsky :
It is not bleeding into the wood - but this depends (I guess) on the density of the timber

With of without electricity, you‘re doing so well.
It is really a s... situation.
My girls are away for some days holiday, I took also holidays from my job, in order to stay at home and keep one eye on our animals (dog, cat, rabbits, birds, turtles) and the other eye on my modeling - ok it was planned to be 75% of the time in the workshop.....
But I still wait for the electrician (since four days now). Without electricity also no lighting and my room is in the cellar
-> How terrible is this ????? can you imagine

The electrician will come this evening - cross all fingers, that he can repair my problem today

At the last day with lights I made these photos, I was not able not resist, to put once more the deck-houses etc. on the deck to see, how it is looking with the onside finished railings - I love this kit

IMG-6850.jpg

IMG-6851.jpg

IMG-6852.jpg

IMG-6853.jpg

and once more the "guns" on the deck
IMG-6854.jpg

Back