LE COUREUR - french Lugger 1776 - POF kit from CAF in 1:48 by Uwe

Happy Birthday, Mon Amie!! Birthday-Cake

1627996216570.png

Heute ist der Jahrestag des Tages, an dem Sie geboren wurden! Ich möchte meine Freude ausdrücken und wünsche Ihnen noch viele glückliche und gesunde Jahre zusammen mit Ihrer Familie und Ihren Hobbys.

It is really a s... situation.
My girls are away for some days holiday, I took also holidays from my job, in order to stay at home and keep one eye on our animals (dog, cat, rabbits, birds, turtles) and the other eye on my modeling - ok it was planned to be 75% of the time in the workshop.....
But I still wait for the electrician (since four days now). Without electricity also no lighting and my room is in the cellar
-> How terrible is this ????? can you imagine
No power in shop gives you more time for book reviews and other non-building tasks!

Not always a true down time, plus you get to keep the eye on the pets! I sure they love the extra attention. ;)

Not much to show - yesterday I was able to restart the works and installed the rail planking on the other side of the model.
rail planking.jpg

I hope to finish this work during today, so stay tuned ...... to be continued ....

My friends - Many Many Thanks for all the birthday wishes
This forum is realy a group of friends

I want to show you my "morning session" sanding the gunports and finally also the last treenailing with the copper nails

Here the installed planks row No.0 and already prepared gunports
IMG-6872.jpg

For everybody coming to this stage of construction:
It is important, that the gunport sides are sanded in a rectangal angle to the ship axis, means parallel to the framing and not rectangle to the ships-hull

IMG-6873a.jpg

Because of the sanding dust I closed the deck surface with some tape

IMG-6874.jpg

So the planking is finished and all nails are done
IMG-6875.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-6873.jpg
    IMG-6873.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 6
I have one question and maybe somebody knows the answer, or have some opinion.
I did not find any information in my complete library, so ......

Oriantation of the nails in the cravel planked area

In all monographis, also in the planset of the Le Coureur it is usually shown the stareboard view of the ship, usually never the port side
IMG-5337aa.jpg

Here, when you take a look at the nailing pattern the top nail of a plank connection is fore, the lower one is aft

So here is my model, where I made it in the same way
IMG-6877.jpg

But how is the pattern on the other side of the hull ????

I made it mirrored, so also here the topnail is oriantated towards the bow - the lower one direction to stern
IMG-6876.jpg

IMG-6878.jpg

I made the decision, because I had to make a decision, but not based on any clear knowledge, so maybe somebody knows, guess or has a link to any publication describing this orientation of the nailing pattern

Back