LE COUREUR - french Lugger 1776 - POF kit from CAF in 1:48 by Uwe

Just a thought- since you are also known as 'Kill drill' ;) Why not sacrifice the drill and remove about 1/2 of it on your grinder?
1634208605974.png
I would think it should be easier to stick to the tape and you would not have to fine-tune the bends afterwards and last but not least, the shape of each indvidual brackets would be more 'the exact same shape'

This is beautiful and very ingenious work Uwe. But I must say you have me intrigued with the Columbian IP address.

Just a thought- since you are also known as 'Kill drill' ;) Why not sacrifice the drill and remove about 1/2 of it on your grinder?
View attachment 262382
I would think it should be easier to stick to the tape and you would not have to fine-tune the bends afterwards and last but not least, the shape of each indvidual brackets would be more 'the exact same shape'
The floor, and why, if the tool trunnions are circular, not hemispherical.
Uvek also showed a part of the drawing, where the shape of this particular element is indicated. Or have you met somewhere this element in the form of a hemisphere, as you propose to do?
4a.jpg

The floor, and why, if the tool trunnions are circular, not hemispherical.
Uvek also showed a part of the drawing, where the shape of this particular element is indicated. Or have you met somewhere this element in the form of a hemisphere, as you propose to do?
Maybe I did not express myself very well since you obviously must have misunderstood what I tried to say. My proposal was to make half a cylinder from the drill (instead of a full cylinder). Nothing spherical or half sphere /hemisphere in that at all.
2021-10-14_15-38-15.jpg

Many Thanks for your comments and ideas
Yes, I can agree here with @PoulD ´s proposal - the result would have been better, or more accurate - my capsquares are slightly too high mean I have slightly more than a half circle. It was a first try with some acceptable result - for me it was at the time most important, that the capsquare is laying flat on the timber of the carriages

It is looking more like this:
2021-10-14_15-38-15.jpg

- with my next project I will use your improvement

Important to mention -> I did not kill any drill with this action ;)

Maybe an additional remark: In the kit, there are exact the number of parts included, which are necessary. Means for the 8 guns each 2 capsquares so in total 16. There is not the possibility to make some trials with different methods in order to find the best result -> It would be good, if there would be 2 or 4 more on the photoetched sheet, also because one or two can be lost (very small parts) or damaged.........

This is beautiful and very ingenious work Uwe. But I must say you have me intrigued with the Columbian IP address.
Many Thanks for your kind words
Yes, in moment until end of next week I am on a business trip in Medellin Colombia - so my flag changed to the colombian national flag, based on the actual IP adress ........

A first trial of one muzzle with blackening - the next I have to clean more before I put it into the fluid, but nevertheless the result is acceptable due to the good quality casted muzzles from the kit

IMG-7351.jpg

afterwards I made the next three so I could arm one side of the ship

IMG-7352.jpg

IMG-7345.jpg

IMG-7346.jpg

Step by step my little Le Coureur is getting a "warship"

A first trial of one muzzle with blackening - the next I have to clean more before I put it into the fluid, but nevertheless the result is acceptable due to the good quality casted muzzles from the kit

View attachment 262553

afterwards I made the next three so I could arm one side of the ship

View attachment 262554

View attachment 262551

View attachment 262552

Step by step my little Le Coureur is getting a "warship"
Fantastic work again Uwe.
Didn t know you took your complete workshop with you to Columbia :).

Fantastic work again Uwe.
Didn t know you took your complete workshop with you to Columbia :).
Ha Ha - before I left Austria I made some additional hours in my workshop in order to have some photos of progress in stock.
Not that you have to live two weeks without my "actual" progress reports......
So no modeling in Colombia, the photos are appr. 2 weeks old........

I can be two weeks without modeling, but not without SOS Exclamation-Mark

Ha Ha - before I left Austria I made some additional hours in my workshop in order to have some photos of progress in stock.
Not that you have to live two weeks without my "actual" progress reports......
So no modeling in Colombia, the photos are appr. 2 weeks old........

I can be two weeks without modeling, but not without SOS Exclamation-Mark
We have more members with their workshop in a container, so it could be an option to consider. :)

During my business trip I had the chance to meet our friend and member @Schrader here in Medellin, Colombia.
For everybody interested please take a fast look at this topic:

Several small cannon dioramas I have built from kits have two similar mold pieces for this task, using the actual cannon pivot piece to bend the brass piece.

With two halves being used you get the half design needed.

During my business trip I had the chance to meet our friend and member @Schrader here in Medellin, Colombia.
For everybody interested please take a fast look at this topic:

Well that explains why the unusual flag showing up under your name!

I know the admins have stated the flag is based on the ISP address the post is coming from, not the registered users home location.

Many Thanks for all your comments, hints, likes and all the friendship :cool:
I am still in Colombia for some more days, so my photos from today are "stock"-photos from two weeks ago

All eight carriages prepared for the marriage with the muzzles
IMG-7355.jpg

IMG-7356.jpg

In order to fix the muzzle also the metal parts have to be blackened

IMG-7347.jpg

to get a feeling for the size please compare with the toothpick

IMG-7350.jpg

The first gun where the muzzle is fixed with the capsquare

IMG-7357.jpg

IMG-7358.jpg

IMG-7359.jpg

IMG-7360.jpg