Lempi, a steam powered half open launch built in 1877 in Warkaus, Finland

SAHaskell

Excellent building of boast hull and of steam engine. I am greatly facinated with steam engines. I built a single-cylinder, single acting engine when I was in high school (.50 years ago). I am partly done building a twin cylinder, dual acting engine, but it isn't getting much attention now while I am building my lobster boat model.Thumbs-Up:)

tedboat

Excellent building of boast hull and of steam engine. I am greatly facinated with steam engines. I built a single-cylinder, single acting engine when I was in high school (.50 years ago). I am partly done building a twin cylinder, dual acting engine, but it isn't getting much attention now while I am building my lobster boat model.Thumbs-Up:)
Would love to see your lobster boat in progress!
Ted

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hallo @Moxis ,

we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Enjoy your day

Birthday-Cake

BTW: After the Lempi we did not see your next project - are you working on a new boat? Would be very interesting to see .....

Moxis

Thank you Uwek!

Considering new projects I have been busy building a stereo amplifier based on electron tubes. It will be soon finished so that I can consentrate myself to more interesting projects.

I have thought to build next a model of Ilmarinen, the first steam powered ship in Finland. It was a side wheeler built at Puhos in 1830, and was equipped with a side beam steam engine made in St. Petersburg, Russia (Finland was part of Russia those days). Because it was an open hull vessel, the steam boiler and engine were completely visible, and my intention is to build the engine together with side wheels working. Not with steam but with electric drive. We will see how it goes. There are not many documents of her available, only some paintings like this:

408818775-m.jpg