Medieval Fortified Village

The roofs are advancing, but while waiting to be finished, a series of intermediate photos with aging already well underway and 2 courtyards on the right to properly insert the building in the village. :)

This is an amazing project that you have produced. The photos are excellent and with good depth of field and perspective. PT-2

Still under construction with the houses in the center of the village...

And more particularly the first one, near the fortified gate, adjoining the next house.
Maybe an inn, I do not know yet... In any case, with rougher half-timbering than the mansion, walls with angles that are anything but straight, a stair tower and its separate roof, etc...
:)

Before finishing the current house (there is still the roof to be done), I wanted to attack the next one, which is attached.
The stones used for the facades on this one are 3x3x6mm... No half-timbering this time, just stone. And I didn't choose simplicity for the openings ! Fortunately, the sides will be blind (glued against the inn on the left, and on the right, well... surprise!). :cool:

Here is the beginning to show a little bit the raw side of the construction:

That's it, it's done: the Mansion is finished!
A last series of photos (probably duplicates of the last publication, but too bad!) on this building that took me a lot of time... ;)

The continuation: the houses in the center of the village! :D

I can almost hear the laughter and scurrying of children up and down the streets dodging the plopping sound of slops being cast out of upper windows. This is a great build without sails, rigging, and guns equaling the work put into ships. Well done! Rich (PT-2)

Well I don't know yet, we'll see at the end of this part already... Possibly, later.
Anyway, the assembly in bases like a puzzle will allow to do extra things if I want to! :cool:

Last edited:

Here is the result of these 2 houses, the inn on the left with the half-timbering, and a stone dwelling house. :)

It is a journey in time to watch you take a cardboard box and construct the building. I can't begin to estimate the number of stones and tiles that have been included after your finishing touches. Rich (PT-2)

Thanx all ! :)
@Jeff T : Well, for example on a table, a sideboard, or even on shelves since the bases can be assembled. ;)
Personally, I don't know the plan dimensions of your village which led to the question if the entire village would be presented. . . it looks like at least a card table . . ???? It seem too bad to have to separate it to fit different parts onto shelves. Rich (PT-2)