Medieval Spanish Coca - AMATI 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

HAPPY Birthday-Cake BIRTHDAY.

I just worked my way through your wonderful build log. Very interesting and educational. Your attention to details is astonishing.

Jan

Simply beautiful, Rodolfo! Tell us more about your latest "creature" please.
Dear Heinrich, dear modeling friends,
unfortunately, I like model making in almost all forms: ships, planes, trains and motorcycles.
One lifetime is not enough for me to finish all the models I have in progress (and my daughter is not interested, unfortunately).
I have found that pursuing different forms of modeling broadens knowledge, both historical and practical, and culture benefits.
For example, the world of military modeling, with its dioramas, vehicles, personnel portrayed in many different situations with the greatest attention to detail, wheaterin and aging, can be a great source of inspiration.
About my "creature" and its little sister, I started from a very good industrial base (Rivarossi) by remedying some defects and improving some details. I described the work done unfortunately in Italian and now it would require too much space to transpose it here (which is not even the right place), but if you do not know Italian, the numerous figures help a lot. The starting problem was the impossibility of opening the models to carry out normal maintenance due to dynamic vehicles (lubrication, cleaning, changing bulbs, and so on):

An example of building railcars that until recently was not industrially produced might be this (modification of an existing but incorrect one and building a new one from two wagons):

Or one could turn a German wagon into an Italian one by appropriately varying colors and inscriptions:

I conclude with a pair of suitably aged German locomotives, the first a little heavier:

100_8372.JPG

and the second lighter:

Deutsche Reichsbahn BR 78 M35.jpg

Always at your disposal for whatever information you need.

Hoping I have not bored you, I cordially greet you and hope to start my brig of the "Symondites" group very soon!

Rodolfo

Hello Rodolfo.
I have a Brig model 1:55 (Briga, Brig, Bergantine Le Brigantin Lawrence).
I bought the kit at Barcelona in 1986, I stopped the assembly at the same year. Since then only the main body was assembled.
At the 24/01/2022 I started again the assembly after 35 years, now that I am retired from work and my kids are at their own.
I have made some progress with the assembly since I resumed the project.
As for your request, I took a photos of two main drawings that I can share with you No. 1 and No. 8.
I can tell you that the original kit was missing a very important drawing No. 2 as well as many other parts. The documentation is unfriendly.
If it will suit your request I can share with you the other drawings as well as thoughts, some difficulties I faced and my experience.
Maybe if your progress will be faster, in return I can ask you for some answers
Good luck
Michel
Hallo @micaf
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi Rodolfo,
I thank you for your fast reply, yes, I have read the history of the "Brig". The US navy had two "Brig" ships designed by a navy officer during the war between the British and the settlers in America. The design was as a replica of the British "Brig". That is what I understood from that history, the American model come after the British, correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't know about the amount of cannons that the "Brig" was equipped with, the "Brig" Lawrence that I have have only 10 cannons.
During the 35 years (of ship abandoned) I have lost 2 cannons - do you have any ideas how or where can I build or buy similar cannons?
Thank you for the advices, they are very helpful.
And yes, I'll take your advice and I will open a new post in the name "USS LAWRENCE by DIKAR"
Aha, the sawdust is "The air that I breathe"! By the Hollis!
Michel
Hi Michel, how are you?
I've finished a Switzerland locomotive and now I'm thinking to come back building another ship. a brig; in the meanwhile I'll go to explore your USS Lawrence...:)

100_3533-2-768x476.jpg

Back