Milling on a Drill Press

I figured to save room I will stow tools under the big bench till I need them. I still have to move the Micro milling machine and micro lathe into the room, but not in a hurry for those because I use those for small metal projects mostly. I have the 3D printer and Laser cutter and a ton of filaments spools I have to move into the room. once I have the other work bench I can bring in the ships I'm working on but I will leave the kits I have in my basement storage the temperature and humidity stay fairly constant down there so I don't have to worry about my kits being stored, this will further save room as I still want a thickness planer and wood engraver, I'm thinking ahead.

I have been playing nearly my whole life. I am self taught been in Many bands including playing with a few that made it to the big time. Unfortunately I was never part of the bands at that time or my life may have taken a different course. I have spent countless hours in recording studios making Demos. Music is a tuff business to break into and I lost a bunch of years trying. I have zero regrets though and I accept the life I have as Gods path. I have played at some of the better venues and clubs along with many not so good places. I still play for fun to keep my fingers working all though my dexterity isn't what it used to be. I have had to slow my playing down from the old speed metal days and I play a good bit of southern rock and blues a much easier tempo for my ageing fingers. I can still rip out some Metallica and even Slayer, but I struggle to hold that tempo for long periods anymore. Hopefully my Grandson will be interested in playing my Son and Daughter never were. I have a bunch of collector guitars I will leave to my Grandson. The Guitar in the picture is a limited made Ibanez it plays very well for my old fingers and I have an Ovation Acoustic behind the line6 amp that also plays very easy.

I appreciate that Don. Figured I'd try my hand at making a Turkey call since we are approaching the spring Turkey season. So I chucked up a 4×4×1" block of cherry and had at it took a bit if time to work it down to what I wanted. At 3.5" round by 3/4" thick hollowed the inside and left a pedestal for the soundboard to sit on. The sound board was airbrushed by someone with way better skillset then I have with that tool lol top playing surface is crystal. When the glue dries I'll find out if all my work was worth it. I'll know by how well the call sounds.20190210_122505.jpg

I bought the 3D printer a few years ago for my Vape Box business I made boxes battery holders drip tip and a host of other things. I have made quite a bit of other things including a ropewalk. clamps, knobs, gears, spinners for the kids. planes, cars and even a fly reel. I use the laser for engraving and mild cutting of plywood and plastics.
20161228_214923.jpg20161228_214933.jpg20161228_214942.jpg20161229_144830.jpg20161229_145959.jpg
The fly reel works perfectly I even made a drag system using washers and fiber gasket material.

I will make the first one on the printer to use as a template to cut them from aluminum on the metal lathe. I can then anodize them black. I could make all the cannons on the printer, but the problem with 3D printing is it leaves print lines those are unavoidable even with top of the line print machines so each one would need to be fumed with acetone to smooth out the lines this will also give them a gloss finish which I don't want so I'd have to sand that to satin on each one and hope they all remain the same size when done. It will just be easier for me to make 1 fume it and use it as a template. I could also print the required amount and use them as forms and sand cast the cannons, but that will also have me turning them smooth on the lathe to remove the sand grain finish. So ultimately its just easier to turn them from the get go.

Hi Joe, finally put my X-Y table together on my dremel work station, and have a couple of questions(posting some pictures, No.1 the table rocks a little on the right side, and No.2 the movement of the handels on the X table moves good just slightly tight, but on the Y table it is quite loose do not want to strip the threads on the handel,

Attachments

• 20190212_034454[4171].jpg
    20190212_034454[4171].jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190212_034341[4172].jpg
    20190212_034341[4172].jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190212_034227[4173].jpg
    20190212_034227[4173].jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 27
Peter, thank you for the tip, now I will check the price of customs and freight to see if there is cheaper a Norwegian alternative.

Hi all I am having a problem with my X-Y TABLE, just can not figure it out, since Joe(EPICDOOM) has not been on in a while(HOPE HIS HEALTH IS NOT A PROBLEM) I need some help I will post pictures tomorrow showing what my problem is any help WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS Don

Hi all, Need help here, just do not know what I am doing, how does the step clamps work, I can not lower my DREMELL WORK STATION ANY LOWER so I need to use the clamps the T nuts can not be tighten to the table, and how can i determine the depth of cut (X AXIS I THINK) can any one help me on this. THANKS Don

Back