Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

Beautiful work on tall those small and intricate sections of the build. I can't wait to see what the finished cabins will look like!

I like the final idea of the wall\windows much, much better than the original! Doesn't look very prominent, and blended with the windows in harmony. I respect your decision to redo...

Altered the steering wheel racks. The steering wheels themselves are not very pleasant. probably need to replace them. Looking for options for now.View attachment 329745View attachment 329746View attachment 329747
Good morning Sasha. Those cabin walls are perfect. Your detail, including the lining at the deck is immaculate. Very accurate and are a scale version of the real ship. Are you going to include the glass for the windows, although once the ship progresses you hardly notice these.

Ditto on your steering wheel racks. I agree the ships wheel must go. Your Victory is so detailed and accurate and the wheels these kits provide are just not close. I love your work Sasha.
Cheers Grant

Good morning Sasha. Those cabin walls are perfect. Your detail, including the lining at the deck is immaculate. Very accurate and are a scale version of the real ship. Are you going to include the glass for the windows, although once the ship progresses you hardly notice these.

Ditto on your steering wheel racks. I agree the ships wheel must go. Your Victory is so detailed and accurate and the wheels these kits provide are just not close. I love your work Sasha.
Cheers Grant
Grant, they're there. Look at the photo more closely

Thanks friends for the kind comments. It means that I did not spend three weeks in vain in these surveys and the execution of cabin bulkheads. The funny thing is that only the outer corner and the windows near it will be visible. All this construction will be covered by a deck. But I know that there are side cabins in this place.

and I agree with your opinion about the two wheels - an alternative would be definitely better

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Construction continues, not as fast as we would like, but it continues. Made pyatners mizzen masts on the quarterdeck. Started installing beams under the boats. 3 more to install. And laid the poop deck.

20220925_190937.jpg20221009_183031.jpg20221009_183043.jpg20221009_183128.jpg
The admiral's board on DP is clearly visible

Well, the most difficult thing at this stage is the steering wheels. The second wheel is still in operation. And in comparison with the proposed in the set.
Thanks Big @Martin 555 for the photo of the helm from the Victory MuseumView attachment 333565View attachment 333566View attachment 333567View attachment 333568
Good morning Sasha . Great to see another post of how a Victory should be built. Your attention to the little details e.g. the pyatners (never heard this term before) and rebuild of the wheel is excellent. Cheers Grant

....... the pyatners (never heard this term before)
Hallo Grant,
Only to be sure, that do not learn a term based on a type writing error.
Alexander wanted to write "partner" of the mast and also here we should clarify more in detail

The partners are the wooden structure around the mast, so between two deckbeams some carlings etc. - these are the "partners" - see my example of the Bonhomme Richard model
51d.jpg

what Alexander prepared are the wooden wedges, which were used to fix the mast against the partners - these were single pieces of wood, which were clamped down - so it was not one ring but a number of 10 or more wooden wedges
52a.jpg

@Alexander74 - very good work on the steering wheel - much much better !!!

Hallo Grant,
Only to be sure, that do not learn a term based on a type writing error.
Alexander wanted to write "partner" of the mast and also here we should clarify more in detail

The partners are the wooden structure around the mast, so between two deckbeams some carlings etc. - these are the "partners" - see my example of the Bonhomme Richard model
View attachment 333928

what Alexander prepared are the wooden wedges, which were used to fix the mast against the partners - these were single pieces of wood, which were clamped down - so it was not one ring but a number of 10 or more wooden wedges
View attachment 333929

@Alexander74 - very good work on the steering wheel - much much better !!!
Uwe, you wrote everything correctly. Yes, this is an imitation of wedges around the mast, at the landing site of the mast itself in the spots.

Hi all. I haven't been for a long time. I did some work on the ship and here is the result so far.
Finished assembling the helms and fitting on deck.

20221016_181122.jpg
Then it will be necessary to make a rope and skip it down below the deck. Here I missed the point, and in this state it will no longer be very convenient to drill holes in the quarterdeck deck. Now the Utah deck is in the way, I’ll try it somehow

Started laying gunwales. Bow gunwale with bits. Squares with a side of 2.3 mm were cut out on a milling machine, followed by processing with a needle file in the corners. I made pulleys in bitten. So far it looks like this. You also need to make the railings higher than the pulleys and the heads of the bits themselves. But that's later.

20221015_184204.jpg20221015_184242.jpg20221030_180640.jpg20221030_180829.jpg

Back