Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

Mark, hi. I didn't secure it in any way. I just glued the rope inside the guides. This is not a working lid.
View attachment 406710
If I understand you correctly
Ah, clever. I asked because I delayed nailing my HMS Fly's quarterdeck down so that I could tie off the port lid hoists inside the hull. I see now that there was no real need to do that, I could have simply glued them as you did! Next time ... :)

Ah, clever. I asked because I delayed nailing my HMS Fly's quarterdeck down so that I could tie off the port lid hoists inside the hull. I see now that there was no real need to do that, I could have simply glued them as you did! Next time ... :)
I don't have an Admiralty model. The body is a deaf idiot. Therefore, I see no point in depicting the fastening inside the case. Some imitation is acceptable, especially since the appearance of the model is not lost.

Hello friends. Thanks for the likes and comments. Construction continues.
Once upon a time, I made all 3 masts, but the Mizzen mast broke. Or I ruined it, I don’t remember. In general, I made a new one, and now its time has come. I painted it, glued the yokes, and installed the boom heel and the ring for the rigging dowels.

View attachment 406696View attachment 406697View attachment 406699View attachment 406700

Yoke

View attachment 406701
Nageli
View attachment 406702

Morning Alexander or Sasha. Your masts are perfect, Cannot be much better. You will see, that there is many mistakes -not only in my message- but in others too. I cannot get to the computer to understand UK-only Spanish. I am making a glosory book on correct UK spelt words, so Little by Little it should be better,

Morning Alexander or Sasha. Your masts are perfect, Cannot be much better. You will see, that there is many mistakes -not only in my message- but in others too. I cannot get to the computer to understand UK-only Spanish. I am making a glosory book on correct UK spelt words, so Little by Little it should be better,
Quizás solo Sasha. Gracias por tus comentarios. Tengo un traductor incorporado, así que si escribes en español, creo que mi traductor puede manejarlo.

I made piles on the shrouds. To do this, I braided the wire. The thickness of the pile was equal to the diameter of the cables. On the foresail and main shrouds the pile of wire was 0.8 mm, after whipping it was 1.0 mm. On mizzen 0.7 mm pile. Result in the photo
20231125_191906.jpg20231125_192726.jpg20231125_192740.jpg20231126_192022.jpg20231126_192028.jpg20231126_192035.jpg20231126_192057.jpg20231126_192106.jpg20231126_192115.jpg

I made piles on the shrouds. To do this, I braided the wire. The thickness of the pile was equal to the diameter of the cables. On the foresail and main shrouds the pile of wire was 0.8 mm, after whipping it was 1.0 mm. On mizzen 0.7 mm pile. Result in the photo
View attachment 409874View attachment 409875View attachment 409876View attachment 409877View attachment 409878View attachment 409879View attachment 409880View attachment 409881View attachment 409882
VERY WELL DONE.EXCELLENT. Compare this with _ My Not LASER CUT Victory 1976-08, it is like day and night. It was my 2Nd big build.

6_barco1.jpg

VERY WELL DONE.EXCELLENT. Compare this with _ My Not LASER CUT Victory 1976-08, it is like day and night. It was my 2Nd big build.

View attachment 409892
I was not ready to take on such a grandiose project as a second model. This is my eighth model. And sometimes experience is not enough. I have to get out as best I can
Thanks for the praise Thumbsup

I was not ready to take on such a grandiose project as a second model. This is my eighth model. And sometimes experience is not enough. I have to get out as best I can
Thanks for the praise Thumbsup
Yes, Sasha, it was a big bite special taking into account, that at that time there were No Laser Cuts or many of the tools used today. there were even no X-knifes on the market. I got my knives from a cousin- a nurse of the profession - it took me about a half year or more to cut all wooden parts out with a hacksaw. (still have it) There were no Dremels either.
Going back to my question about the gunports, You have solved it to my GREAT satisfaction. It was How to Open/close the ports.
on the other hand, all my language problems have now been solved, throughout the computer. so now I have Spanish, UK; Danish and German spelling tools
Coming back to your build, it gets better and better. At the beginning of your build, I was following it, but then for one reason or another, I went out until recently. With your permission, I will take copies of some pages. Yesterday I went through your complete build until now, and it to me nearly a whole day -without reading most of the comments -so it will take some time to copy it.

03-BAC TOOLS-040.jpg

Back