Modeling timber and wooden strips - by supplier BIBIGON (Sergey Trubchaninov)

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

based on an information in one other Topic, I contacted the company BIBIGON, Sergey Trubchaninov, to send me some wooden strips and plate samples.
And I am very pleased what I got......

BTW: Sergey is very well known as a very good modeler, so he knows very well, what and in which quality the modelers need.
See here some posts by Jim, showing the work / tutorials of Sergeys work

BTW2: you can contact Sergey via PM here in SOS, his nickname is @bibigon or directly via mail msservice@list.ru to get an offer
- do not hesitate to contact him and ask any question, he speaks a very good english

He mainly produces strips and plates. The main breeds are pear, hornbeam, walnut, linden, maple.
The length of the strips for pear, maple, linden, walnut is usual 500 mm, for the hornbeam 400 mm.
Width and thickness are variable and can be defined by customer. Usually they order strips, which are necessary.
He is also making cutting custom-made slats / plates, so if you need, for example, 500x6.3x1.2 mm, he can offer

But before you enjoy the photos and take a look at the quality - I want to give one more info:
I checked the given dimensions carefully with my digital caliper - definitely from the start to the end of the strips the same thickness, and a differences only in promille - so very very accurate cut - until now I never got timber which was so exactly cut to the dimensions - In my opinion a highly recommended supplier.
As I know from Sergey, our friend Andrey Kudin is using his teimber of his Le Fleuron, a model which is the best advertidement for the timbers from Sergey (maybe I am also getting a better modeler using his timber ;) )

Now the photos:
from top down stripes of white hornbeam, black hornbeam, yellow hornbeam, blue hornbeam, american walnut, pear, and two small plates of pear and paduk

IMG_56471.jpg

Different types of hornbeam
IMG_56611.jpg

Black Hornbeam - a very good alternative to the often used ebony
IMG_56521.jpg

IMG_56631.jpg

IMG_56671.jpg

White hornbeam
IMG_56501.jpg

IMG_56511.jpg

IMG_56661.jpg

Blue Hornbeam
IMG_56481.jpg

IMG_56701.jpg

Yellow Hornbeam
IMG_56491.jpg

IMG_56681.jpg

American Walnut
IMG_56531.jpg

IMG_56541.jpg

IMG_56621.jpg

IMG_56711.jpg

Pear
IMG_56551.jpg

IMG_56601.jpg

IMG_56561.jpg

IMG_56571.jpg

IMG_56721.jpg

plates of pear and paduk
IMG_56581.jpg

IMG_56591.jpg

IMG_56731.jpg

Last edited:
I can underline every and each word what Uwe said about Sergey @bibigon. He is an excellent person, always willing to help and his milling wood very pression. I use his slobs timber personally for many years and still. He ships worldwide and prompt. Thumbsup

All I can say is very professional packaging and very professional clean cut lumber that anyone would be proud to have to work with their project. Many thumbs up on this one. Thank you for sharing Uwe. I will keep this in mind on my next build.

I ordered from him a bunch of pear wood sheets and strips.

Only arrived the sheets. Immediately he prepared a new set of strips and send them again. As he took over the $$$ lost of the wood I offered to pay the strips shipping cost to share the lost that wasn't his fault.

Strips arrived this time.

Pear wood quality: EXCELLENT
Customer Service: AMAZING

Will I recommend him and his product(s) ? YES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Daniel

Сергей замечательный парень. Я знаю его лично. Качество древесины на высшем уровне.НедурноНедурноНедурно

tSergey is a wonderful guy. I know him personally. The quality of the wood is top notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Sergey sell Castello boxwood? Looking for the source for my next project. Thanks.

This is a lot of beautiful pear wood - for which project is the material, if it is allowed to ask?

Of course you and any one else can ask. That is why we post, to share.

When I started to do the Pegasus, and I found myself doing all the cabins from scratch, I ordered Pear wood.

Of course, knowing that was coming from Russia, I decided to order in excess .... too much in excess... :).

Part of it will be used now in my next model, the RC 1:50 from ZHL Model. I ordered, as you saw, all the Pear wood Carvings, then I will try to replace every visible wood on the model with Pear wood. The planking will be double planking. First with the cheap kit wood. Second planking all in Pear wood. Deck details will be Pear wood or Castello wood (boxwood) that I ordered from Cookwood (USA).

Of course, in my Sergey order there is Pear wood for many projects (kits modifications) to come.

Cheers
Daniel

In a couple of years I will be retired and will settle in a new house.

At that point, I will try to start a fully, and complex, scratch building project.

I wrote "complex" because my "first ship was the Swift" with plans from AL, and it was done fully from scratch. That was 30+ years ago. Then kits started to arrive to Argentina and be $$$ accessible..... so I moved to kit building.

Cheers
Daniel

Of course you and any one else can ask. That is why we post, to share.

When I started to do the Pegasus, and I found myself doing all the cabins from scratch, I ordered Pear wood.

Of course, knowing that was coming from Russia, I decided to order in excess .... too much in excess... :).

Part of it will be used now in my next model, the RC 1:50 from ZHL Model. I ordered, as you saw, all the Pear wood Carvings, then I will try to replace every visible wood on the model with Pear wood. The planking will be double planking. First with the cheap kit wood. Second planking all in Pear wood. Deck details will be Pear wood or Castello wood (boxwood) that I ordered from Cookwood (USA).

Of course, in my Sergey order there is Pear wood for many projects (kits modifications) to come.

Cheers
Daniel
How is the shipping cost to US/Canada? Thanks.

Sorry to bother you guys again with my questions regarding wood from Sergey. Do they mill in metric only or is it possible to get wood milled in inches as well?
Thanks.

Sorry to bother you guys again with my questions regarding wood from Sergey. Do they mill in metric only or is it possible to get wood milled in inches as well?
Thanks.
Hello, my friend! While he primarily works with metric systems, it shouldn't be a problem with the imperial system.

@bibigon Sergey, can you clarify Gennaro's question, please?

Back