Modelship Dockyard - New Kit [Modelship Dockyard] PoF H.M.S. Enterprize 1774, the 1/48 version!

No, CAF has a great-looking Admiralty Enterprise 1774 in 1/48 Scale. That is the same ship, is it not?
Hi, yes the ship is the same ship, but there are multiple differences. First, CAF kit is a ‘Admiralty style kit’, which frame does not represent the design of the real ship, while this kit do follows the actural frame pattern and design, as according to the National maritime museum drawings (we refered to same class ship, same type ship of the time etc.). Also we include all internal structure, which is also different. As well the rigging that you mentioned.

Hi, yes the ship is the same ship, but there are multiple differences. First, CAF kit is a ‘Admiralty style kit’, which frame does not represent the design of the real ship, while this kit do follows the actural frame pattern and design, as according to the National maritime museum drawings (we refered to same class ship, same type ship of the time etc.). Also we include all internal structure, which is also different. As well the rigging that you mentioned.
Good to know. I'm in the process of choosing my next build, and the 1/48 scale Enterprize is on my short list. Unfortunately, the size of the Admiralty style is already about my maximum size, so I could not use the rigging materials (and cost). But the additional details and more correct structure is certainly of interest.

What is the timeframe for availability of this model? It also appears to be much larger than anything else your company has done before, no?

Good to know. I'm in the process of choosing my next build, and the 1/48 scale Enterprize is on my short list. Unfortunately, the size of the Admiralty style is already about my maximum size, so I could not use the rigging materials (and cost). But the additional details and more correct structure is certainly of interest.

What is the timeframe for availability of this model? It also appears to be much larger than anything else your company has done before, no?
The rigging would be optional, as many don't like PoF models with rigging. The release time would be somewhere within April and May, depending on the development speed. For size, it is very big but smaller than the 1/48 Le Fleuron we have lol.

The rigging would be optional, as many don't like PoF models with rigging. The release time would be somewhere within April and May, depending on the development speed. For size, it is very big but smaller than the 1/48 Le Fleuron we have lol.
That sounds great. Perhaps I will work more slowly to finish my current project.

I have not seen the 1/48 Le Fleuron for sale, only the gun deck section. Where might I find this kit and others of yours? I only know of DryDockModelsAndParts.com, and the only 1/48 scale models of yours there are the Blandford and Hayling Hoy.

That sounds great. Perhaps I will work more slowly to finish my current project.

I have not seen the 1/48 Le Fleuron for sale, only the gun deck section. Where might I find this kit and others of yours? I only know of DryDockModelsAndParts.com, and the only 1/48 scale models of yours there are the Blandford and Hayling Hoy.
Le Fleuron is not for sale yet ,just a prototype build here

I am pretty confident that it will not be April 1, but the release date is getting closer! :)
I don't know why I'm so anxious for this kit, I have several or a dozen kits stored that still need to be built too. ROTF

Hey Victor, just checking in on the progress of the 1/48 Enterprise ! Are we still on track for an April/May release? :)
Hi Corsair, yes the hull will likely be released somewhere in May. The rigging will be selling separately, which will likely on later this year.

Great Development - and she is looking very good
Only one short advise:
The deck planking in the hold would not have any butt joints - the planks are short enogh, that all the planks would have the full length - only as a hint, how the planking in the later kit would be? if it is only strips, than every model can make it how he want - if laser cut or marked, it should be corrected -> no butt joint pattern in the hold or lower decks
Enterprize deck.jpg

Back