MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and have been working on the top of the mane mast, preparing the shrouds, we have bees waxes them, served all and made a pair of swifters, now it is off to the fore mast. The dead eyes will come a bit later.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 395420

View attachment 395422

View attachment 395423
Of course I found it fantastic that you took up the challenge of making swifters! Chapeau, Lawrence. And serving the shrouds is a lovely but intense work to do.
The last picture is nice: the flag on top of the main mast!
Regards, Peter

Of course I found it fantastic that you took up the challenge of making swifters! Chapeau, Lawrence. And serving the shrouds is a lovely but intense work to do.
The last picture is nice: the flag on top of the main mast!
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you for your very nice words and comments. Yes we do like a challenge that is for sure, it's just that we are very slow at it.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I got a bit of a surprise when we went looking for the lower mast hoops, thought we had them but they were no where to be found . So we got out a piece of 2mm pear wood along with our tiny plane and made a bunch of shavings. We then got out a 25/64, 10mm drill bit and then wound these shavings around the drill bit an glued them up.
Sanded the ends and applied a little Tung Oil.
We also completed the fore mast along with all of it's fittings, there are quite a few of them.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 394753

View attachment 394754

View attachment 394755

View attachment 394756
Good morning Lawrence. What a clever way to make mast hoops. They came out really well. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I installed all of the shrouds on both the fore mast and also on the main mast. We also installed the deadeyes on these and laced the lanyards on to the deadeyes. We have not tied them off fully as we want to stretch the shrouds just a bit before doing so.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0063.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I installed all of the shrouds on both the fore mast and also on the main mast. We also installed the deadeyes on these and laced the lanyards on to the deadeyes. We have not tied them off fully as we want to stretch the shrouds just a bit before doing so.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 396024
Good morning Lawrence. Yah!! Shrouds = rigging time and she starts to look like a ship….well that’s how Grant always feels when those first shrouds are done :D. You are owning this Lawrence- lovely work. Cheers Grant

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 396024
Now your BN is getting body, Lawrence. Good idea to let it stretched.
Regards, Peter

Good morning Lawrence. Yah!! Shrouds = rigging time and she starts to look like a ship….well that’s how Grant always feels when those first shrouds are done :D. You are owning this Lawrence- lovely work. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes it is nice to see the shrouds on as it is edging me onward. YQ-Bluenose should have been finished by now, but could not get moving at all this last summer. I hope all of that is behind me now.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Onward and Up Ward as today the little fellows and I have completed installing the main and fore top masts. We have also installed and laced the dead eyes on both masts. We have also installed the previous completed mast hoops. Now it looks like we are into the rat lines.
PS We have not tied of the dead eyes lanyards as we do want to stretch the upper top mast shrouds.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0065.JPG

Looking good, Lawrence.
You're now in the final stages of this build and close to the finish line.

Back