MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Wonderful work my friend. I am watching anxiously as you are turning a box of wooden pieces into a beautiful schooner.
Thank you Heinrich, The fun is just beginning. It is nice to get ahead of all of that char. I am adding a bit of my own wood that I have on hand. I planked the decks with Cherry and now am in the midst of planking the inside Port side with some Castella Boxwood that I had left over from my Oliver Cromwell build that should add a nice touch. Yes the box full of YQ- Bluenose parts is full of very nice features that I can only hope that I can justify into a fine looking schooner.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed the planking of the inside of port side with Castelo Boxwood. This still needs to be cleaned up a bit. We have did a bit of work on our Fisherman's Galley Stove, this is very tiny and is a bit difficult to achieve the detail that I had in mind, but we are trying.

Regards LawrenceIMG_6148.JPG

Beautiful, just beautiful.
Hello Henrich, I thank you very much for your very kind words. Yes she is coming together bit by bit. I want to do a little work in the Focal, but not sure as to just how much I will do as yet. Still working on the Galley Fisherman stove, a bit of a challenge as it is so small.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Just a tiny update this Sunday AM, as the little fellows and I have completed our version of the Focal Galley Fisherman's cook stove. This is quite small and it was too small to add all of the detail to it that I have thought of. It consist of an oven door, ash and stoker door along with an air vent control on the one end. We have also added a large stew pot along with a huge coffee pot on top of the stove. We still do not have our Led Lights from Evens Designs so we will wait until we receive them before we drill the hole for one red Led Lamp.

Regards LawrenceIMG_6149.JPGIMG_6150.JPGIMG_6151.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Just a tiny update this Sunday AM, as the little fellows and I have completed our version of the Focal Galley Fisherman's cook stove. This is quite small and it was too small to add all of the detail to it that I have thought of. It consist of an oven door, ash and stoker door along with an air vent control on the one end. We have also added a large stew pot along with a huge coffee pot on top of the stove. We still do not have our Led Lights from Evens Designs so we will wait until we receive them before we drill the hole for one red Led Lamp.

Regards LawrenceView attachment 301642View attachment 301643View attachment 301644
I think that stove is worthy of your Bluenose.

Regards LawrenceView attachment 301642View attachment 301643View attachment 301644
That stove is a piece of Art, Lawrence. I love it.
Regards, Peter

Hello Ship Mates, Work continues on our YQ-Bluenose, The little fellows and I came up against a brick wall so to speak in our planning of the 8 bunks on Port side of the Focal, like the original Bluenose had and also on the Starboard side. With the center deck that YQ has added to support the windless and so on these would be impossible to add. I did think of adding just one set of bunks beds and bringing the ratio of the Focal Deck back in line but that just did not seem right, So we did build two sets of bunks and will have to enter vise for the ships Galley and Mess table.

Regards Lawrence IMG_6152.JPGIMG_6153.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Work continues on our YQ-Bluenose, The little fellows and I came up against a brick wall so to speak in our planning of the 8 bunks on Port side of the Focal, like the original Bluenose had and also on the Starboard side. With the center deck that YQ has added to support the windless and so on these would be impossible to add. I did think of adding just one set of bunks beds and bringing the ratio of the Focal Deck back in line but that just did not seem right, So we did build two sets of bunks and will have to enter vise for the ships Galley and Mess table.

Regards Lawrence View attachment 302676View attachment 302677
Nice work, Lawrence ánd following Peter's (@Peter Voogt ) footsteps to boot. I wonder when I will see a re-appearance of a certain Japanese saw... ROTF
The focsle arrangement was also mentioned by Peter; he also mentioned that the YQ focsle layout did not match the original BN arrangement.
Following your build sitting on the edge of my seat...

Nice work, Lawrence ánd following Peter's (@Peter Voogt ) footsteps to boot. I wonder when I will see a re-appearance of a certain Japanese saw... ROTF
The focsle arrangement was also mentioned by Peter; he also mentioned that the YQ focsle layout did not match the original BN arrangement.
Following your build sitting on the edge of my seat...
Hello Johan, Thanks for your visit and also for your very kind words. No I will not being using that great saw as @Peter Voogt used on his YQ-Bluenose as I do not have Peters great skills in that respect. I have read Peters thoughts on the YQ-Bluenose and I do agree with him that this is not correct. I can understand YQ thoughts in doing so, making the placement of the deck furniture much easier and for sure a little more sturdier. After watching Ben Verburgh Bluenose Model Ship Builder from the Nova Scotia, Lunenburg Model Ship Builders I am secretly considering tearing out that mid deck platform and rebuilding the focal area. By doing this I could install the 8 bunks on the port side and give room for the mess table ahead of the mast and also be able to build a much wider cook stove. How ever I will set on this idea for a day or so. Any ideas you may have is very welcome.
Regards Lawrence

By doing this I could install the 8 bunks on the port side and give room for the mess table ahead of the mast and also be able to build a much wider cook stove.
Another idea would be to extend the crew's quarters aft a bit, thus reducing the size of the fishhold. Instead you'd have some room for a better equipped stove and maybe room for the bunks.
That way you could leave the fwd area intact.

Back