MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Now with THAT, you have to be very well pleased, my friend! Thumbsup

Now with THAT, you have to be very well pleased, my friend! Thumbsup
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your very kind words and comments. Yes our YQ-Bluenose is starting to show her very nice lines after being cooped up for so long in her building jig.
We have started planking the fore deck with ramin wood strips, we want to make her just a bit different than all of her sister ships, I have never nibbed the deck planked before and this is a learning experience.
How is Anna, we hope that she has recovered from that virus thing, we hear that it is very bad over there? Please give her our best wishes,
Regards Lawrence

Yes our YQ-Bluenose is starting to show her very nice lines after being cooped up for so long in her building jig.
We have started planking the fore deck with ramin wood strips, we want to make her just a bit different than all of her sister ships, I have never nibbed the deck planked before and this is a learning experience.
It would be so nice if we could have a meeting like we regularly have with the DBBS with more than just the Dutch Bluenose builders. It's a real learning experience, plus a lot of fun of course ánd seeing the actual hardware is a bonus too. Another noteworthy element is the interpretation of the various builders of the YQ kit; no build is the same and yet, it's still the Bluenose.

It would be so nice if we could have a meeting like we regularly have with the DBBS with more than just the Dutch Bluenose builders. It's a real learning experience, plus a lot of fun of course ánd seeing the actual hardware is a bonus too. Another noteworthy element is the interpretation of the various builders of the YQ kit; no build is the same and yet, it's still the Bluenose.
Hello Johan, Yes that would be very nice. It is also nice to see just how every one approaches a situation and along with there results. At work years ago if I gave 10 fellows a job to do, then I would see 10 different ways to do do and they would all be correct. I guess that the SOS Form is the next best thing but always nicer in person.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed the hull sanding and we also touched up and sanded the ships scansions to height and also sanded the transom, making our YQ-Bluenose look a lot more ship shape.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 350555

View attachment 350556

View attachment 350557
Now your BN has a smooth skin, Lawrence. I'm curious what you're going to treat her planking with.
Just 1 question about this:
1673444634009.png
In previous photos I saw that on both sides. Do you fill this up with an adjusted plank?
Regards, Peter

Now your BN has a smooth skin, Lawrence. I'm curious what you're going to treat her planking with.
Just 1 question about this:
View attachment 350661
In previous photos I saw that on both sides. Do you fill this up with an adjusted plank?
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, You are very observant, I left these two side pieces a little high and will trim them both up after the decking on the stern deck is laid and the inter planked panel is glued into place. That was the plan, do hope that it will work out. I plan to paint the upper hull black, still not sure on the bottom, Tung Oil or preps copper paint.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed planking the fore deck. We found it a very slow progress between the plank nibbing and the narrow deck planks that are but a meer 3 mm wide and us being extra slow these days we have managed to complete this little task. There still remains a final fine sanding but we decided to leave this for now and move on to the aft deck.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6247.JPG

IMG_6248.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed planking the fore deck. We found it a very slow progress between the plank nibbing and the narrow deck planks that are but a meer 3 mm wide and us being extra slow these days we have managed to complete this little task. There still remains a final fine sanding but we decided to leave this for now and move on to the aft deck.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 351766

View attachment 351768
That's a very good looking fore deck, Lawrence. With a nice nibling pattern and treenails. A nice personal touch. :)
Regards, Peter

That's a very good looking fore deck, Lawrence. With a nice nibling pattern and treenails. A nice personal touch. :)
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes we are trying to build our YQ-Bluenose just a we bit different than her sister ships.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 351766

View attachment 351768
All your hard work is paying off handsomely and, as with all those "little" side projects, they do take a lot of time and thus patience. Another matter to take into consideration is the fact that you can't fully rely on the drawings or build instructions, meaning you have to plan and look ahead

All your hard work is paying off handsomely and, as with all those "little" side projects, they do take a lot of time and thus patience. Another matter to take into consideration is the fact that you can't fully rely on the drawings or build instructions, meaning you have to plan and look ahead
Hello Johan, Thanks for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes for sure, these little side trips sure can eat up the hours but that is the joy of building the YQ-Bluenose. Yes I do try to look ahead as I do not like those nasty surprises, but some how I do manage to find my fare share of them.
Regards Lawrence

This is beautiful work Lawrence. You and the little fellows have certainly brought the bacon home - as you have done on Oliver Cromwell. It doesn't matter how you choose to finish the deck - it will be a winner!

This is beautiful work Lawrence. You and the little fellows have certainly brought the bacon home - as you have done on Oliver Cromwell. It doesn't matter how you choose to finish the deck - it will be a winner!
Thank You Henrich for your very kind words and nice comments. The nibble deck planks cuts are rather interesting but also very challenging at the same time. The little fellows and I continue to work on the after deck, and it is slowly filling in.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 351766

View attachment 351768
Very nice joinery there.

Back