MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of looking and looking at my first set of dories I decided to rebuild them again. A little longer as the first just seamed a bit to short. We have added the boat cradles, and the rowing oars and lashed them to there boat cradles. We have only dry fitted them for now, leaving just a we bit more space to work on the deck.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 369540

View attachment 369541
Good morning Lawrence. I like the way you have lashed these to the cradles. I never got the dories on the BN. IMHO , The BN has to be one of the most beautiful schooners ever built and then they put those “bath tub” dories on her. :rolleyes:. Your Redo dories are great (your first set were pretty good as well BTW) and I like the fact you have kept the hull natural with a thin green on the railing. Awesome modelling.Cheers Grant .

Okay, why don't you give me a masterclass "dory-building"?
Mine were a disaster and I just couldn't in all honesty display them on my Bluenose.
Yours, on the other hand, look great, real complementary to the rest of your build.
Hello Johan, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. I could not install those YQ-Bluenose dories, they just did not live up to the Bluenose. Mine are not perfect by any means but I do believe they are much more suitable to the rest of the build.
Regards Lawrence

Good morning Lawrence. I like the way you have lashed these to the cradles. I never got the dories on the BN. IMHO , The BN has to be one of the most beautiful schooners ever built and then they put those “bath tub” dories on her. :rolleyes:. Your Redo dories are great (your first set were pretty good as well BTW) and I like the fact you have kept the hull natural with a thin green on the railing. Awesome modelling.Cheers Grant .
Hello Grant, Thank you very much for your nice comments they are very much appreciated. I did paint my dories with a dory buff paint, I sent away to Nova Scotia for a paint chip years ago and had our paint shop scan it and make me up 250ml of Latex paint, now I have a life times supply. These colors are highly visible on the dark ocean surface. Yes I do agree with you on those YQ-Bluenose dories, they are just not up to the rest of this great kit.
Regards Lawrence

Wow Lawrence. Those dories of yours are easily the best ones I have seen to date. I love the single green wale and natural wood-color - it captures their workmanlike character perfectly!

Wow Lawrence. Those dories of yours are easily the best ones I have seen to date. I love the single green wale and natural wood-color - it captures their workmanlike character perfectly!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. I am very pleased that you like my little dories, they are so very much a big part of the Bluenose that I thought that I would give them a little extra effort.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have been busy tiding up the deck area of our YQ-Bluenose. We have built and installed the two sail booms bumpers, the rest for the main boom rest. The Fife Rails and there bitts. And we have added the chain drive for the windless. And last but not the least the two Bowsprit Ironwork, both the 3 and 4 Wye.
I wish to thank Dean for his heads up on how to fold these Wyes to the boom ring, this sure is a lot easier than trying to solder those tiny Wyes to the bowsprit rings.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

IMG_6328.JPG

IMG_6329.JPG

IMG_6330.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have been busy tiding up the deck area of our YQ-Bluenose. We have built and installed the two sail booms bumpers, the rest for the main boom rest. The Fife Rails and there bitts. And we have added the chain drive for the windless. And last but not the least the two Bowsprit Ironwork, both the 3 and 4 Wye.
I wish to thank Dean for his heads up on how to fold these Wyes to the boom ring, this sure is a lot easier than trying to solder those tiny Wyes to the bowsprit rings.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 370691

View attachment 370692

View attachment 370693

View attachment 370694

View attachment 370695
And so all little bits and pieces come together, ultimately resulting in a no doubt beautiful rendition of her great example.

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 370691

View attachment 370692

View attachment 370693

View attachment 370694

View attachment 370695
The deck is filling more and more. It’s looking great, Lawrence. And after the bowsprit, it’s time to go into the air.
Regards, Peter

The deck is filling more and more. It’s looking great, Lawrence. And after the bowsprit, it’s time to go into the air.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I do appreciate your very kind words and nice comments. I do however have some very fine examples to refer back to in the Great SOS Form, YQ- Bluenose build logs, however I feel that I can not reach the expertise that has already been posted in a lot of the build logs, But it will be fun to try.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 370691

View attachment 370692

View attachment 370693

View attachment 370694

View attachment 370695
Good morning Lawrence. I see The little fellows are getting into the multitude of little bits this model has. Impressive stuff. I really like the way your windlass is looking- great detail. Cheers Grant

Good morning Lawrence. I see The little fellows are getting into the multitude of little bits this model has. Impressive stuff. I really like the way your windlass is looking- great detail. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, Thanks for your very kind words, Yes we do like a lot of detail and do try to add as much as possible, but at 1:72 scale this is some what of a challenge.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 370691

View attachment 370692

View attachment 370693

View attachment 370694

View attachment 370695
Looking good Lawrence! The extra details on the windlass are nice! ;)

Back