MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

And there it is, the foundation of a piece of art.
Happy building!
Hello RDN1954, I thank you very much for your visit and very kind words and nice comments. I got the Port side tapered yesterday, well almost and should get it glued in today, a very slow start but hope to do better now that I have more time for the Old Ship Yard.
Regards Lawrence

Good start Laurence
It starts with the keel ... :) Thumbsup
Nice

Regards
Henk
Hello Henk, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes I must push the little guys just a bit in order to have a place to install all of these great parts that I am about to receive, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence, it's good to see a new start for this beautiful project! You are only at the beginning but the start is more than good.
I have put aside all other projects to devote myself exclusively to the BN.
I think it will turn out to be one of my best works in the end, I'm enjoying it like never before!

Greetings

Piero
Hello Piero, Thanks for your visit and also for your very kind words. Yes I am off to a slow start but at least I have started, I have to push the little fellows just a little as they have been rather lax this last while back.
Regards Lawrence

Kurt, I have been in and out of the logs very little, or in short bursts only, so in catching up I too will congratulate you on your memorable birthday and progress on the BN keel as another step in the dance forward. Rich (PT-2)
Hello Rich, Nice to see you and thanks for your visit. I thank you for your Birthday wishes that was very nice of you. Bluenose looks like a very interesting and also a fun build, she has been setting idle for much to long now, will have to see about that.
Regards Lawrence

Hello RDN1954, I thank you very much for your visit and very kind words and nice comments. I got the Port side tapered yesterday, well almost and should get it glued in today, a very slow start but hope to do better now that I have more time for the Old Ship Yard.
Regards Lawrence
Taking it slow is not a bad thing, on the contrary; take your time, it'll reduce the number of mistakes you will make...

Hello Ship Mates, Well I finally got the little fellows working again as we completed the YQ- Bluenose's keel, not perfect I know but not all that bad for me. We are working on the YQ-Bluenose building jig at the moment. We do have it all clamped up and it is looking fairly good. Hopefully we do not have to reinforce the jig but just in case we have a piece of 3/4" or 19MM. Time will tell.
My Admiral Bernadette gave me a nice office chair for my Old Ship Yard and also the PC. Being as big as it is I had to cut 6" or 152CM off of my work bench as the chair was hitting it no mater how careful I was, this is one way to clean up the old work bench but it all takes up my time.
We went out for our third virus booster shot on Wednesday, not a big deal but it resulted in a very sour shoulder, but that is much better than the alternate.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6059.JPGIMG_6060.JPGIMG_6061.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Well I finally got the little fellows working again as we completed the YQ- Bluenose's keel, not perfect I know but not all that bad for me. We are working on the YQ-Bluenose building jig at the moment. We do have it all clamped up and it is looking fairly good. Hopefully we do not have to reinforce the jig but just in case we have a piece of 3/4" or 19MM. Time will tell.
My Admiral Bernadette gave me a nice office chair for my Old Ship Yard and also the PC. Being as big as it is I had to cut 6" or 152CM off of my work bench as the chair was hitting it no mater how careful I was, this is one way to clean up the old work bench but it all takes up my time.
We went out for our third virus booster shot on Wednesday, not a big deal but it resulted in a very sour shoulder, but that is much better than the alternate.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 282797View attachment 282798View attachment 282799
If the conditions are right, the results will be corresponding. Nothing can go wrong, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter

To me it's a chair to relax in, not one to build a POF Bluenose in...
Hello Johan, Yes I suppose you are correct there, but these old bones do appreciate just a we bit of comfort. It sure is nice for PC work and viewing, I am sure it will also fit well in with my YQ-Bluenose build, just need to push the little fellows a bit more, that's all.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Finally got the little fellows to move ahead. We glued up the last of the first 8 frames this AM and are fitting them to the keel in a dry fit. We are using a thick sheet of glass to work on provided by my Admiral Bernadette. When the last of these first 8 frames dries then we will start to taper the induvial fames. When this task is completed then I will lay the frames back on there build sheets and mark the Load Bearing Beams and also the cut off points.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6065.JPGIMG_6066.JPG

Hello Lawrence. What do you mean by "points" that you want to cut off? I trust you are not referring to the tips of the frames! :eek::eek:

Back