New on your bookshelf ..... show it here

Hello dear friends In the last few days I received these two books following the recommendations on our forum :

Wooden worship construction a history in Ship Models by Brian Lavery
20221110_165156.jpg
The Sailing Frigate: A History in Ship Models by Robert GARDINER
Illustrated from the Collections of the National Maritime Museum
20221110_165208.jpg

Take also a look at this topic with some more links for downloadable documents incl. the Steel

Today I received my copy of the book "In Tekening Gebracht" by Ab Hoving and AA.Lemmers.

1669290474299.jpeg

Synopsis:
Dutch shipbuilding experienced a number of important developments in the eighteenth century, of which the introduction of ship drawing may be regarded as the most pervasive. The use of design and construction drawings from around 1725 marked a break with the artisanal construction methods of the previous centuries and the transition from traditional, artisanal management to a modern, technological approach. This crucial transition was accompanied by a riot of national proportions, which was indulged in fierce polemics. The cause of this was the appointment of British shipbuilders to the Admiralty of Amsterdam, while the Dutch shipbuilding industry was accused of backwardness - an accusation that was unjustified, as this study demonstrates for the first time. The analysis of the drawing techniques provides new insight into the knowledge and skills of the shipbuilders of that time. In additional contributions from renowned naval engineers, designs from the time are examined.

Back