Nikitin San Bartolome 1584 A.D. (Kit #35)

I have to admit this build is a lot of fun to work on. I enjoy having to work out the various build steps. As I've mentioned its a head scratcher at times, but I like how everything comes together eventually.

There are a LOT of planks sitting on my workbench waiting their turn to be placed. I took @giocomail advice and I'm waiting for 60 Watt soldering irons to arrive. My 30 Watt irons just didn't get hot enough. The planks are 2.5mm thick and trying to use heat to set glue at the bow was not going well.

Jan
You will see that you will be fine, especially in closures where you have no possibility of using hooks. In all truth I was skeptical but I had to change my mind thanks to Oleg's advice

Greetings @giocomail Looks like you are building the same kit. Is there a chance we could see your assembly in the build log of yours? What do you think?
Unfortunately, I am already at an advanced state of construction, doing it now I think is useless. I take advantage of the goodness of @Pathfinder65 to publish some photos. If it's forbidden, I don't do it anymore

Unfortunately, I am already at an advanced state of construction, doing it now I think is useless. I take advantage of the goodness of @Pathfinder65 to publish some photos. If it's forbidden, I don't do it anymore
it is not forbidden, not at all. It is Jan's log and he is the captain of this thread. I am more talking about giving members your thread and showing the way you are building. It doesn't have to be from the beginning, you start at any stage, as long as you desire so ;)

Great work, Jan! I am sure that the admiral won't have too many objections about the dinner table becoming the designated ship stand.

Comunque il risultato è bello... Ho probabilmente sbagliato a dare un giudizio affrettato...

@Lord^penna. Translation (However the result is beautiful... I was probably wrong to make a hasty judgment...)

You are right about the end product, the kit will make a beautiful display once finished. I can't fault your judgement, you really have to look into the kit's three boxes of components and appreciate the amount of engineering that represents. I consider myself a "novice builder" and I'm find that the challenge of building this kit is a worthy goal.

Hai ragione sul prodotto finale, il kit farà un bellissimo display una volta finito. Non posso criticare il tuo giudizio, devi davvero esaminare le tre scatole di componenti del kit e apprezzare la quantità di ingegneria che rappresenta. Mi considero un "costruttore alle prime armi" e trovo che la sfida di costruire questo kit sia un obiettivo degno.

(I don't have much experience with this translate cut and paste stuff, I hope this makes sense)

Jan

She is looking great Jan, and i agree completely with @Heinrich that the diningroom table would be the perfect spot to display her:):)
I had a chat with the Admiral about that scenario. She took a moment to think about it and Thumbs-Down

I think that means no Ship-1on the Dining room table :rolleyes:

:D Oh well I have another year or so on this build, there is a lot of time for further negotiations :D

I had a chat with the Admiral about that scenario. She took a moment to think about it and Thumbs-Down

I think that means no Ship-1on the Dining room table :rolleyes:

:D Oh well I have another year or so on this build, there is a lot of time for further negotiations :D
Oops!

Back