Nikitin San Bartolome 1584 A.D. (Kit #35)

Praticamente è un mega puzzle 3d con minimi aggiustamenti qua e là... Non credo che mi possa dare soddisfazione...pensiero personale..

Above posts translated.

(It's practically a mega 3d puzzle with minimal adjustments here and there... I don't think it can give me satisfaction ... personal thought ..)

(All modeling is a mega puzzle, it depends on the point of view)

I have to agree with @giocomail , all models are Mega Puzzles, some more than others. All the parts for this kit may be precut but they need a LOT of preparation before finally being placed.

Jan

Above posts translated.

(It's practically a mega 3d puzzle with minimal adjustments here and there... I don't think it can give me satisfaction ... personal thought ..)

(All modeling is a mega puzzle, it depends on the point of view)

I have to agree with @giocomail , all models are Mega Puzzles, some more than others. All the parts for this kit may be precut but they need a LOT of preparation before finally being placed.

Jan
……and, I add, a lot of knowledge of modeling otherwise you don't even know where to get your hands on. Let's make it clear that it's not a LEGO.

Beautifull progress Jan, i love this puzzle that you are working on
I have to admit this build is a lot of fun to work on. I enjoy having to work out the various build steps. As I've mentioned its a head scratcher at times, but I like how everything comes together eventually.

There are a LOT of planks sitting on my workbench waiting their turn to be placed. I took @giocomail advice and I'm waiting for 60 Watt soldering irons to arrive. My 30 Watt irons just didn't get hot enough. The planks are 2.5mm thick and trying to use heat to set glue at the bow was not going well.

Jan

Continuation of post #638. Ships Stand.

The final test fit. Yup, I'm getting kind of paranoid. I'm not doing any gluing until all the parts fit.

fullsizeoutput_180.jpeg

I like this. I think I'm going to have a "grand time" convincing the Admiral that the final product should be on display on the dining room table (I think I saw that example somewhere on SOS). Heck, we only use that table a couple of times year :D:D:D

Jan

Last edited:
Back