Nikitin San Bartolome 1584 A.D. (Kit #35)

VERY nicely done! Love the brass look on the stern decorations too! Are they brass or painted? If painted, what did you use? I'd like that look on the carvings of my Granado.
Thanks. These are the resin decorations supplied with the kit, painted with an airbrush using Vallejo Old Gold paint and treated with a Vallejo black wash

Last edited:
Wow, a great past two and half weeks, temperatures in the high 90's, Thunderstorms and large amounts of rain at one time and course summer company. I finally had an opportunity to do a bit of modeling.

I'm working on various bits and pieces while waiting for two replacement flats from Pavel's shop.

Parts ready for the paint shop

IMG_4379.jpeg

This is turning into one of my favorite tools. It's saving a lot of sore fingers.
The ULTIMATION Sander

IMG_4376.jpeg

I find it does a great job cleaning the laser char without to much effort.

Jan

Wow, a great past two and half weeks, temperatures in the high 90's, Thunderstorms and large amounts of rain at one time and course summer company. I finally had an opportunity to do a bit of modeling.

I'm working on various bits and pieces while waiting for two replacement flats from Pavel's shop.

View attachment 455311

This is turning into one of my favorite tools. It's saving a lot of sore fingers.
The ULTIMATION Sander

View attachment 455312

Jan
Looking great Jan. I have the same sander. Best purchase I have ever made. And if you don’t have the cutter that is a must have as well. The cuts are so much cleaner and you can cut much thicker stock than what those little mini ones do.

Looking great Jan. I have the same sander. Best purchase I have ever made. And if you don’t have the cutter that is a must have as well. The cuts are so much cleaner and you can cut much thicker stock than what those little mini ones do.
Yup I have both tools and the accessories. I had three of those mini cutters in the last few years. They were OK, but the precision of the Ultimation cutting tool is astonishing.

Jan

View attachment 455311

The ULTIMATION Sander

View attachment 455312

Jan
Good morning Jan. The Ultimation tools are really cool. Your sander and the cutter are on my bucket list. Maybe get the kids to get me them for Christmas. Cheers Grant

Wowzers, great "FLORIDA DAY" in Maine, 88F/31C, feels like 93F/34C with 60% humidity

What a great opportunity to sit in the shipyard and puzzle things out. I'm trying to figure out the next couple of steps in the Galleon build.

I think I'm looking at DIY steps.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 11.57.46 AM.jpeg

There are no part numbers for a kit flat, so I think I'm to scale these pieces off the full size plans.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 12.04.08 PM.jpeg

This one is confusing. Part kit part and Part DIY??

So you guys who have managed to get by this spot in the build. Please chime in.

Jan

Back