NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Thanks. Dean helpful. I wanted to get a similar look to your deck which I really like and a great job.
But I took some advice from a model shop and sealed the main deck. Then sanded 2 grades then matt varnish. ( I had used cotton as caulking not a bad job for my first go around ). But my deck looks more like a new yacht than an old ship. I’m also told by same shop I now cannot now use a water based stain on top (from your advice ) I still have the other decks planked and in place but without treatment. Apart from sealing and sanding. Have you any rectification ideas to rescue main deck and what I could do to ther decks. I hope this is not to long
Not knowing what you used, you have two options…sand and scrape it down to unfinished wood and then make all decks the same. Or add a matte finish and repeat what you have done on the remaining decks for consistency.

Just checking in, not much to show…putting together one cannon assembly to figure out what I am going to be doing on all of them.

In the interim, another project arrived! Shouldn’t take more than a few evenings. I ordered a Lego Ice Castle for my granddaughter because she loves the Frozen movies. It’s only 1,709 pieces! ;)
IMG_1976.jpeg
The manual is 272 pages of steps…but we got this! ROTF

Just checking in, not much to show…putting together one cannon assembly to figure out what I am going to be doing on all of them.

In the interim, another project arrived! Shouldn’t take more than a few evenings. I ordered a Lego Ice Castle for my granddaughter because she loves the Frozen movies. It’s only 1,709 pieces! ;)
View attachment 384450
The manual is 272 pages of steps…but we got this! ROTF
Your granddaughter is supposed to build this, not a shipwright foregoing his build duties on the NL...

Your granddaughter is supposed to build this, not a shipwright foregoing his build duties on the NL...
She is 5 and the set is for 14+… so I had to build it for her. ;)
On another note, my ww2 airplane collection is growing…
IMG_1919.jpegIMG_1920.jpeg
And my jets…
IMG_1921.jpeg
I need to get back to my ww1 airplanes soon! Too many models and not enough time! :(

When Dean bought the Lego set, he made sure the recommended age was significantly older…..makes me wonder ROTF . Jokes aside I’m sure a 5 year old granddaughter will love her “Frozen” castle. All the classic WW2 planes in that collection Dean. Very nice. Cheers Grant
Thanks Grant. Between cars, planes and ships, I have plenty to keep me busy! ;)

Back