NORWAY`S HMS BLANDFORD CROSS SECTION BUILD 1-32

Thanks Mike - now a little update.
Grinder works well and there was a lot of dust.
Grinder and finished topics.

Pattern preparation,
I will check pattern number 8 and 9, there is something that does not match, pattern no 2 is missing in the picture.

Pattern glued to material and ready for contouring.

SAMPLE FRAME-BIRCH
This is a test with bolts of ordinary needles sanded flush with frame.
These bolts may want to rust over time.
Has not used any kind of oil or wax.
Is there anyone who has any tips or opinions on this, I appreciate hearing what you mean.

Take a look at my building log of the La Salamandre where I made some trails with metal nailing in copper, brass and iron.

I hope this will help you to get an impression of the different materials

I would not use the steel / Iron nails - and maybe you can find smaller diameters, they are looking a little bit too strong - which diameter thickness have your nails now?

Thanks for your advice, I will measure the dimension and come back with an answer.
I just have to buy myself a new digital measuring instrument, the old one stops work in the winter cold garage.
I want to use brass nails miser!.
Fint med raske svar / meninger.

I discovered problems with frames 7 and 8 in the new revised edition after I read about it in the log of Epicdoom,
I will solve the problem with a copy of the parts with the problem, cut them exactly and paste them upside down on the material.
Then they would be mirrored.

Frame 7, copy and make mirrored parts of 7-13 and 7-9.

Frame 8, copy and make mirrored part of 8-1

Then all problems would be solved. Hope to start production of the frames soon.

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 8
Mike, thank you for following my log, yes the drawings are from the last revised edition, I feel that there has been too much trouble on this issue
Therefore, I now want to correct the drawings myself as well as possible, I also think that all drawings that have been made changes on should
be mark clearly so we can see what has ben changed.
What about a sipped file with only drawings it has changed on can be downloaded,
sorry if this feels like criticism, it's not , you get confused when you think everything is right but then it's not.
Finally. I am happy to be part of this project, and thank you to those who have been involved in developing HSE Blandford cross section build

Old pattern.

New revision, pattern as recommended. have made two patterns extra and glued them uppside down on the material.

Result of gluing pattern too tightly.

Sanding outside and inside of frame parts

Later I want to cut out for the keel,
and adjust the parts before gluing of the frames starts.

Back