NORWAY`S HMS BLANDFORD CROSS SECTION BUILD 1-32

Hello Knut, unfortunately, the results with such a blade are predictable. This blade uses carbide teeth and suitable only for 'ripping' jobs e.g. rough cutting. Making grating with a tablesaw possible and can be achieved great success. You will need to use a jewelry saw blade. You can find them in different thicknesses, though.

But the results from the mill is really good! Thumbs-Up

Hi Knut,
You could try one of these blades. I did my gratings on the small table saw with an arrangement similar to Yours (Fröhlich method, correct me if I'm wrong) and these blades. They are available in different kerf sizes.
They make a really fine cut but the blade has to be exactly parallel to the blade, otherwise it will burn the wood.

1599720801798.png

Hi Knut,
You could try one of these blades. I did my gratings on the small table saw with an arrangement similar to Yours (Fröhlich method, correct me if I'm wrong) and these blades. They are available in different kerf sizes.
They make a really fine cut but the blade has to be exactly parallel to the blade, otherwise it will burn the wood.
Hello Dan,
What is the brand name for this blade and source to purchase them?

Hello Dan,
What is the brand name for this blade and source to purchase them?
Hallo Jim,
these are from Germany from company Knupfer

They are offering very small blades and also very slim - the smallest 30mm diameter and only 0,3mm thick

Many thanks, both @Uwek, and @DST07. Do you know if they ship to the USA? Also, I briefly look at the site and didn't find the arbor (hole) size, wonder if those will fit my Byrness saw. The arbor size is 1/2" ~ 12mm

Thanks friends, the center hole is 10mm, on my Proxxon FET, I want saw blades that are from 1.5mm - 2.0mm thickness.
Dan, I have no idea what this method is called, but it is something I taught her at SOS, do not remember who showed this technique here.
Greeting-

Long since the last update, now more are coming eventually.
Made a jig to be able to push the materials sideways by hand, the pictures shows
Grating,s
Indeed, it was a very long time since your last update. You must be practicing, cause your gratings looking very good.

Thanks for yours comments and likes, highly appreciated.
Satisfied with the result, but far from perfect.
As f, ex, not quite square and a little too large space between the planks.

I applaud people who don't afraid to redo. It is a very tough decision and often time may lead to unpredictable results. This is why I respect such decisions. You did a great job, my friend, and redo well worth doing it! Thumbs-Up

Back