OcCre limited edition HMS Victory build.

Very good progress on this "monster" - you are on a very good way
Is it a so big monster? The scale is only 1:87 if I am not mistaken. Should be relatively compact.
Also the kit looks very solid. I like the quality of materials supplied.
Builder is doing very good job assembling it.
The fact Occre plan is to leave the planking below the whales out, makes it a much easier job for a builder as the bottom rounded part of hull is of course most difficult to do it properly. It is rare the kit assemblers do it good.
Here is an Occre model design concept for our reference.
MaquetadebarcoHMSVictorylateralOcCre.jpg

Had a bit of difficulty in lining the ribs on my model - found it a bit hard to work out how high up to go as it seemed that one needed to go up higher than the ribs. Take care in the forecastle area to make sure the top of the lining is not too high to get in the cutouts for the guns to fit.

Had a bit of difficulty in lining the ribs on my model - found it a bit hard to work out how high up to go as it seemed that one needed to go up higher than the ribs. Take care in the forecastle area to make sure the top of the lining is not too high to get in the cutouts for the guns to fit.
Thanks Julian. Will bear this mind, hopefully I haven’t messed up already.

Hull now all sanded and cleaned up. Hours of hard work.
Also the bow, keel and stern bitty bobs done.
Pleased as punch with this, looking good.
Hate the cut off nails fixing idea as it literally means a couple of millimetres to secure the rudder. So fiddly at my age and my eyes slowly going downhill.
Some pics below as always.

IMG_0545.jpeg

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0555.jpeg

IMG_0554.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

Coming along steady here. Got to the stage where I have now given her a satin coat. Sprayed it with a rattle can, no too bad.
Struggling with the photo etch removal from the sheets, really sharp knife but seems to buckle the brass. I think the tabs are a wee bit undercut and need quite a lot of pressure to remove them.
Any suggestions to help with this problem?
Was dreading the stern gallery pieces but with a lot of tweaking and playing around, came out better than I expected.
Load of photos as pics say more than words.
Enjoy and any comments good or bad, taken gracefully.

IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0603.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0609.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

IMG_0608.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0629.jpeg

IMG_0628.jpeg

IMG_0631.jpeg

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

Very nice finish! Make sure you are cutting the PE on a hard surface (wood) not on a cutting matt or anything with 'give'. New utility knife blade...or even XActo if the brass is thin enough.
Many thanks dockattner. I do all this so I can only assume that the PE tags are a little too strong and not “cut away” enough.

Coming along steady here. Got to the stage where I have now given her a satin coat. Sprayed it with a rattle can, no too bad.
Struggling with the photo etch removal from the sheets, really sharp knife but seems to buckle the brass. I think the tabs are a wee bit undercut and need quite a lot of pressure to remove them.
Any suggestions to help with this problem?
Was dreading the stern gallery pieces but with a lot of tweaking and playing around, came out better than I expected.
Load of photos as pics say more than words.
Enjoy and any comments good or bad, taken gracefully.

View attachment 438266

View attachment 438267

View attachment 438268

View attachment 438269

View attachment 438270

View attachment 438271

View attachment 438272

View attachment 438273

View attachment 438274

View attachment 438275

View attachment 438276

View attachment 438277

View attachment 438278

View attachment 438279

View attachment 438280

View attachment 438281

View attachment 438282

View attachment 438283

View attachment 438284

View attachment 438285

View attachment 438286

View attachment 438287

View attachment 438288

View attachment 438289
Good evening. This is fabulous work. You have skills . Cheers Grant

I finished this model and had to use their request form twice for broken parts that needed replacement. They mailed them to me in the US and it took about two weeks to reach me.

Here are some pictures I took with my iPhone of the Victory model (without sails).
Paul

View attachment 438679

View attachment 438680

View attachment 438681

View attachment 438682

View attachment 438683

Beautiful build , she's looking fantastic !
It's looking better without the sails.

I finished this model and had to use their request form twice for broken parts that needed replacement. They mailed them to me in the US and it took about two weeks to reach me.

My last request didn't arrived yet , and it more than month has past :( but it's because of the post office not OcCre's fault .
I need to make new request for the Montañés i completed the initial parts count and have missing some parts and two sails to replace.

Beautiful build , she's looking fantastic !
It's looking better without the sails.

My last request didn't arrived yet , and it more than month has past :( but it's because of the post office not OcCre's fault .
I need to make new request for the Montañés i completed the initial parts count and have missing some parts and two sails to replace.
Beautiful work and build. That is stunning, looks great ! Super quick build and looks as the instructions dictated also.
Be very proud Paul !

Neilm,
Excellent progress - This ship has always so intimidated me. This limited series example might change my mind.
Probably need to rush to get one - looks as if they may sell out. Already at #467...

Your work is very good indeed - will enjoy following along. Great start. Regarding rigging - yes very intimidating, though I would think that this kit's instructions
would be very thorough in that regard?

Cheers,

Back