Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Those are a positive messages in 1 post, Lawrence:
-that your Admiral is doing better;
-that you are ‘a jack of all trades’ for the good care of your Admiral;
-that your Admiral has more confidence in the display case than you;
-that your model is beautifully reflected in the beautiful display case.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Your very kind words over whelm me, you are very kind, Things are improving some what here at home, but it will be a bit longer before they return to normal and I can spend more time in the Old Ship Yard.
Regards Lawrence

Your last picture looks great Lawrence
Take care of each other
And what I read I really appreciate how you are handling this and with love , respect and devotion to each other
Hello Henk, Your very kind words are very much appreciated and very touching, Thanks. Yes these last 6 weeks or so have been very hard on both Bernadette and also my self. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and things are starting to improve. I do hope to be able to complete my display case while I can still work out side, those stain fumes ate wicket,
Regards Lawrence

G'day Lawrence, its great to know Bernadette is getting better, Maureen and i send our prayers, it must be a very stressful time for you both, please let her know we are asking after her.
Your model is looking absolutely fabulous in its new case, you are quite the craftsman, she is a lovely build and with lots of interesting details, I wonder what your next build will be, maybe you have already told us, but the memory is getting old, take care of yourselves,

Best regards john.

G'day Lawrence, its great to know Bernadette is getting better, Maureen and i send our prayers, it must be a very stressful time for you both, please let her know we are asking after her.
Your model is looking absolutely fabulous in its new case, you are quite the craftsman, she is a lovely build and with lots of interesting details, I wonder what your next build will be, maybe you have already told us, but the memory is getting old, take care of yourselves,

Best regards john.
Hello John, I thank you very much for Maureen's and your prayers they are very comporting, thank you. I was about to start to stain my display case yesterday but it started to rain and this AM it is still raining, so will have to put it off for another day at least. I do not want to do it inside as the fumes are wicked. So it looks like I will have a day of R&R, and that will not hurt all that much.
Regards Lawrence

the display case with the model looks very good, it will look good when it is placed in its place of honor, and good improvement to your wife, greetings Knut-
Hello Knut, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words. Yes the display case is almost there, but will have to wait for a couple of nice days to work work on it.
Regards Lawrence

My friend,
these are very good news
and btw your case will look very good - your model deserves it :cool:
Hello Uwe, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. If our weather improves a bit than I can stain up the display case and also varnish it. It will be nice to have the Oliver Cromwell in her new home.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Well after a long struggle I finally got my display case completed, stained and varnished, the top glass cut and installed along with a pair of hinges and a couple of claps on the door. This is really not a great deal but with my care giving of my Admiral Bernadette, cook and bottle washer along with all the other tasks that seam to mount up around our home I have had hardly no time to work in my Old Ship Yard, I hope this will improve in the New Year to come.

I have installed my Oliver Cromwell in her new home in our living room and hocked up app of those little Led Lights. A friend of mine in North Carolina is printing me a lot of cargo crated , barrows and buckets and so on to fill up the cut outs in her hull, but there is no hurry for that as we can now enjoy seeing her lit up nightly.

Regards Lawrence IMG_6052.JPGIMG_6049.JPGIMG_6051.JPG

Hello Laurence,
Beautiful your showcase and a beautiful face with the lights in it, great I love this
I'm curious if you turn on the lights with the showcase
I take it from your letter that the recovery with your wife is going better
We love contact when you start with the BN starts next year

Ps
I translate everything with a program because my English is not that good

I hope everything is translated well

Regards
Henk

Hello Laurence,
Beautiful your showcase and a beautiful face with the lights in it, great I love this
I'm curious if you turn on the lights with the showcase
I take it from your letter that the recovery with your wife is going better
We love contact when you start with the BN starts next year

Ps
I translate everything with a program because my English is not that good

I hope everything is translated well

Regards
Henk
Hello Henk, I thank you very much for your kind words and nice comments, Thank You.
I use a little remote control that I purchased from Evans Designs they are one of the many SOS Sponsors, and they work great.

Yes my Admiral Bernadette is very much improved, but she still has a long way to go to get back to where she was before her fall last August, Thanks for asking.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Well after a long struggle I finally got my display case completed, stained and varnished, the top glass cut and installed along with a pair of hinges and a couple of claps on the door. This is really not a great deal but with my care giving of my Admiral Bernadette, cook and bottle washer along with all the other tasks that seam to mount up around our home I have had hardly no time to work in my Old Ship Yard, I hope this will improve in the New Year to come.

I have installed my Oliver Cromwell in her new home in our living room and hocked up app of those little Led Lights. A friend of mine in North Carolina is printing me a lot of cargo crated , barrows and buckets and so on to fill up the cut outs in her hull, but there is no hurry for that as we can now enjoy seeing her lit up nightly.

Regards Lawrence View attachment 275188View attachment 275189View attachment 275191
Well presented model to be proud of. RIch (PT-2)

Back