Other hobbies that are not ship model building

Hello Wili
these huge swords are swiss made?
Usually mercenaries from switeland have carryied them .I am more a rapier man ,the refined variants not schiavona type
Daniel

Gracious..!
What a magnificent collection.!! I love edged weapons of all kinds...from tiny pocket knives to dirks and daggers to Japanese kitchen knives to rapiers and broadswords. You have an amazing collection.!!
Your pistols are also very fine.!! It must have taken a very long time to collect so many different variations..
Simply amazing.!!

Well, I take this topic from something other than naval modeling to consult: I have been thinking about building a medieval castle for a long time, but everything I have seen for sale by the different brands does not attract my attention, very simple and of a not very conspicuous size, so the question is: is there a forum that deals exclusively with this topic as well as our marine forum? are there plans in one way or another to make a castle from scratch? it is said that what is not in the internet is simply because it doesn't exist, I can't find anything like that, but it is surely somewhere that I don't know,does anyone know something like that?

does anyone know something like that?
You should check out Ekis and his posts. Amazing stuff.

Yes, this is much better, I did not know that Prado publishes that collection, well of course it was twenty years ago, he says, maybe I saw it and it did not catch my attention and I was not thinking what I am doing now. I was looking for something much more elaborate, thanks

Friends I have a question, are marathon runs also considered a hobby? ;):cool:
If so then I have 5 in the backpack, attaching photos from the most exciting New York Marathon from Nov 2018
Of course, for each of them I practice 6-9 months. Running at different distances and in the wee hours of the night, because we have a pretty hot summer here. From my experience it is a fun and purifying experience mentally and physically. For the past year I have been lowering the training load and so I have returned and made time to build the shipsScreenshot_20181106-193214_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20181105-232643_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20200712-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200712-WA0006.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 17
Hi DocBlake:

Real nice furniture!!!!
I love the Grandfather Clock , I have always wanted to make one.

Your clean workmanship makes me want to build one [now I just need 120 hour freetime to do it]
[not happening soon]

Thank You for the pictures.

tieratus

Back