Other hobbies that are not ship model building

On this Dutch forum I will make a build-log:
I do not make here a build-log, but as a exception a picture of today progress:
025 Rechts Intake.JPG
If you are really interested, please view the Dutch forum. See the link above.
Regards, Peter

PS:
But I have started here on the SOS also a build-log:

Last edited:
With the exception of building the Ducati's in the scale 1:4, I have not ridden a motorcycle for 8 years.
I've had several BMWs that I used for traveling to my work. But 8 years ago I sold my BMW 1200GSA.

Because a colleague organizes a tour every year and he takes me in the mailing every year, it started to tickle again. Now just for the hobby.
Last month bought a BMW K1 from 1990. With ABS that BMW had then just for 2 years.
In 1988 I bought one of the first serie in the Netherlands with ABS, a K100RT.
I had to wait 1 year for delivery, due to delays in delivery of the ABS by BMW.
K1.jpg
The big smile is still on my face, but mostly under my helmet :)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
With the exception of building the Ducati's in the scale 1:4, I have not ridden a motorcycle for 8 years.
I've had several BMWs that I used for traveling to my work. But 8 years ago I sold my BMW 1200GSA.

Because a colleague organizes a tour every year and he takes me in the mailing every year, it started to tickle again. Now just for the hobby.
Last month bought a BMW K1 from 1990. With ABS that BMW had then just for 2 years.
In 1988 I bought one of the first serie in the Netherlands with ABS, a K100RT.
I had to wait 1 year for delivery, due to delays in delivery of the ABS by BMW.
View attachment 186033
The big smile is still on my face, but mostly under my helmet :)
Regards, Peter
Great bike, already a Classic one.....

I really loved sports cars since child.
Some years ago traded my 911 for a 360.
Sold it in 2014 to buy a Lambo but never happened. Now at my 44 I am saving for early retirement instead, but there hasn't been a day I haven't missed her

CAM00004.jpg

Aviation is a long term interest of mine. I’m a licensed private pilot, but I don’t actively fly anymore. I used to design add-on aircraft for MicroSoft Flight Simulator, specializing in World War II propeller driven planes. I did a simulation of a Boeing B-29 Superfortress that was tested out by an actual WWII B-29 pilot. He told me it flew exactly like the real thing! A really proud moment for me!
I also build period furniture. Mostly American styles from the 18th and early 19th century. I’ve built most of the furniture in our house. Cherry is my favorite wood, and although I use power tools, I still love cutting dovetail joints in drawers and carcasses by hand!
I even found some time and built my own sailboat. She’s a 16’ OD gaff rigged sloop that the Admiral and I still sail.

So much to do, so much fun to enjoy, so little time
Hi Doc,I also have a private pilots licence. learned to fly in a tiger moth. Last flight two years ago. I still go walking, and think I can still go climbing. put that to the test after this winter. presently tasting Isla malts

IMG_5690.jpg

I recognize the Ken Schramm Compleat Meadmaker book! I have that one---homebrewer/meadmaker here.

I have mobility problems ( amongst others! ), so sitting at my workbench is my escape!
Aside from ship modelling - I will have a go at any sort of model ( although never science fiction/fantasy )
1-35 Model T utility.jpgDSCF1851.JPGDSCF1413.JPGDSCF1080.JPGDSCF1167.JPGDSCF1501.JPG

I can't say I have any particular theme, I build what attracts me, but I prefer the unusual, or rarely seen models. Mainly 1/35 for vehicles ( although 1/24 occasionally ), and 1/48 for aircraft. One thing that is part of my enjoyment is to never pay the full price for any model - the cheaper I can get it, the happier I am! Ebay & pre-owned sites are my haunts, although never from the USA, as the shipping costs are ridiculously high!
I do have some real ship rarities in my stash - like a 1/700 Hosho, and a 1/500 MS Batory, and others not so rare, like a 1/350 Varyag, HMS Dreadnought, HMS Agamemnon - far too many for me to build, but when I see something that I like at a good price.....................
Dave

Back