Other hobbies that are not ship model building

Thanks guys. I was on my stomach on the edge of the pond to get this picture. One of the details that says she is not real is that bright brass anchor chain coming off the port bow. Being fully RC I was able to give her speed and rudder control ,a working anchor windlass, smoke generator, whistle, and all working deck and navigation lights. She really is the queen of my operational fleet.

About a year ago the thought came to my mind - every guy needs his own cannon. So I ordered the barrel from a company in New Zealand - it's made of something like polyurethane and weighs about 8 lbs. The Gun carriage and blocks I made. To give you and idea of the scale, the barrel is 4 feet long.

_FPB5391.jpg

Aviation is a long term interest of mine. I’m a licensed private pilot, but I don’t actively fly anymore. I used to design add-on aircraft for MicroSoft Flight Simulator, specializing in World War II propeller driven planes. I did a simulation of a Boeing B-29 Superfortress that was tested out by an actual WWII B-29 pilot. He told me it flew exactly like the real thing! A really proud moment for me!
I also build period furniture. Mostly American styles from the 18th and early 19th century. I’ve built most of the furniture in our house. Cherry is my favorite wood, and although I use power tools, I still love cutting dovetail joints in drawers and carcasses by hand!
I even found some time and built my own sailboat. She’s a 16’ OD gaff rigged sloop that the Admiral and I still sail.

So much to do, so much fun to enjoy, so little time!
Have you ever dealt with an A-26 Invader? I am part of CAF team restoring one in OK

Wow what a timely thread. I’m in the process of rebuilding my Large Scale RR layout.

This morning I finished the first of four control panel fronts.

View attachment 120775

Another of my favorite pastimes is reading, I have a dozen or more favorite authors and have filled a number of bookcases with books that I have read, re-read and read again. I enjoy holding a hardcover book, turning the pages and not worrying about a battery running down.

Jan
What scale do you Model? G or O? I am also a Model Railroader. HO modular layout

My many hobbies include large HO scale (1:87) model railroad. Mostly I build small modules that I connect with others to form large layouts at train shows. The group is called Free-mo. For free modules. Started in Europe and concept came stateside about 20 years ago.

Other hobbies are ceramics and photographer. I used to be a photographer in USAF service.

Not as much a hobbie as passion I work with a team to restore a WWII bomber back to flying status. We have an A-26 Invader. Built by Douglas in 1945. Our aircraft also served with French AF and flew combat in French Indo-China. A true war veteran! We hope to be back in air next month after 25 years project to restore

I think that PaulB and I have something in common. Here is or was my Celestron 9.25 Edge with a Guide Scope. I did mostly observing - really did not get the hang of Astrophotography due to lack of good equipment and cameras. But I think I got a few that was worth the effort.

Celestron-guider.jpg

M13.jpg

sombrero.jpg

I think that PaulB and I have something in common. Here is or was my Celestron 9.25 Edge with a Guide Scope. I did mostly observing - really did not get the hang of Astrophotography due to lack of good equipment and cameras. But I think I got a few that was worth the effort.

Very nice shots, Donnie. That is some great equipment.

I have an Orion Dob 6, and use an adapter for my iPhone to take pictures.

8929DD1A-348E-45AB-8F1F-57D2F0E27D86.jpeg

One of by my better pictures.

Jan

very nice Moon shot - As a side note, I do not have my equipment anymore - I had to sell it. Various reasons. At some point, I plan to get another - maybe Meade this time around.

I went to the POCHER´s models website and they do not have any older style cars. All I see is Lambborghini

Back