POF L'Amarante Corvette de 12 canons 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph- Gérard Delacroix) By Shota

good evening dear friends
Today I finished the laser Engraving process of all parts of the frames. Now
it remains to take out all the parts carefully because not all of them were burnt to the end and a bad take out could damage the contours of the parts.View attachment 430700View attachment 430701
dear shota70,
have you tried going through that lines several times? won't it cut better than? and one more question: does the machine have AirAssist? (I'm very happy about your posts, I'm just in front of the task) I will follow thread, and wish you all of my bests and good job! :)

dear shota70,
have you tried going through that lines several times? won't it cut better than? and one more question: does the machine have AirAssist? (I'm very happy about your posts, I'm just in front of the task) I will follow thread, and wish you all of my bests and good job! :)
Dear Attila
First of all, thank you very much for the kind words and likes, glad you liked the project.
My machine does not have an AirAssist, the cutting was performed about 20 times at speed 3 and it achieves a cut to a depth of about 4.4 mm in pear wood, when the thickness of each frame is 4.5 mm.
In general, I am satisfied with the machine (calculation of the cost of the machine for the quality of the product). Hope I answered all your questions, regards Shota

Today I finished the laser Engraving process of all parts of the frames. Now
it remains to take out all the parts carefully because not all of them were burnt to the end and a bad take out could damage the contours of the parts.View attachment 430700View attachment 430701
That is a nice bunch of parts, Shota. For sure: you still have the numbers of the parts on the drawings?
Regards, Peter

In the last two weeks I have been removing the parts that make up 28 frames (13×28=364 parts).
Since not all the parts were burned to the required depth (4.5 mm), I had to saw some of them from the wood saw to avoid damaging the outline of the parts. This need slightly extends the duration of the work, but it is correct to do it thoroughly to get a good result.
I have 3 more panels left containing 6 frames before I start preparing them.
I am debating whether to remove the soot from the parts or only when the frames are ready after gluing.
In the picture you can see my small work table with the saw and the bags in which I put the parts of the different frames
20240309_182739.jpg
I will continue to update when the process of assembling the frames begins.
thank you all for your support and partnership along the way

Last edited:
In the last two weeks I have been removing the parts that make up 28 frames (13×28=364 parts).
Since not all the parts were burned to the required depth (4.5 mm), I had to saw some of them from the wood saw to avoid damaging the outline of the parts. This need slightly extends the duration of the work, but it is correct to do it thoroughly to get a good result.
I am debating whether to remove the soot from the parts or only when the frames are ready after gluing.
In the picture you can see my small work table with the saw and the bags in which I put the parts of the different frames
View attachment 433815
Good evening Shota. Wow a lot of work. If you made a 100 of each bag, you could sell this as a kit build….;). Cheers Grant

Witaj
Wykonałeś kawał dobrej i żmudnej pracy ,teraz same przyjemności klejenie ,dopasowywanie wręg będzie widać postęp. Powodzenia Shoto czekam na dalsze postępy . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
You have done a piece of good and painstaking work , now the very pleasures of gluing , matching frames will see progress . Good luck Shoto I look forward to further progress . Greetings Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 433815
It shows admirable perseverance. It looks very nice, Shota. Stay focused and you know: we are looking forwards for you next post.
Regards, Peter

As I promised to update, so tonight I started the process of building the frames, while today I built 31-32. Since I already presented the work process , I will not trouble you too much and will update when there will be a significant amount of frames.
Of course we will see more sanding work on the corners, the contours and the soot. It is sterile in more advanced stages
Good night to all of us
20240312_211509.jpg20240312_211531.jpg20240312_211538.jpg

Last edited:
Witaj
Teraz prace które modelarz lubi najbardziej czyli sklejanie szlifowanie pasowanie i widoczny postęp .Powodzenia Shoto i miłej zabawy .Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Now the work that the modeler likes the most, i.e. gluing, sanding, fitting and visible progress. Good luck, Shoto, and have fun. Best regards, Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
now the fun is starting - especially now you are realizing that you build a ship model

Due to the fact, that you cut all the frame elements with a laser, I have a question and maybe also a hint

Use these two or some more frames for checking of your preparation works (for the frames)
To check if the meat you added big enough?
can you produce a complete correct double frame which is fullfiulling the needs also after fairing (inside and outside)?

I ask these because I realize the step at the first futtock
20240312_211531.jpg

and this although the frames #31 and #32 are more or less midships, so very small fairing necessary
Screenshot 2024-03-13 095447.png

My advise: check it before you glue now 40 frames and realize afterwards, that there is maybe a principle error in the parts, glueing whatsoever ......

now the fun is starting - especially now you are realizing that you build a ship model

Due to the fact, that you cut all the frame elements with a laser, I have a question and maybe also a hint

Use these two or some more frames for checking of your preparation works (for the frames)
To check if the meat you added big enough?
can you produce a complete correct double frame which is fullfiulling the needs also after fairing (inside and outside)?

I ask these because I realize the step at the first futtock
View attachment 434703

and this although the frames #31 and #32 are more or less midships, so very small fairing necessary
View attachment 434704

My advise: check it before you glue now 40 frames and realize afterwards, that there is maybe a principle error in the parts, glueing whatsoever ......
thank you very much my dear friend for your advice, I will check it again

Back