PRINTZ FRIDERICH (1761 - 1780) - danish 70-gun Ship of the Line - 1:48 by Karl I. Malcha

As promissed already once more some time ago here you can see some further works on the interior walls

this photo is showing the different elements forming a single element of a panel
View attachment 219745

closeup - installed and fitted to the correct area between floor and deck beams or deck planking
View attachment 219744

View attachment 219749

View attachment 219748

View attachment 219747

View attachment 219746

really nice areas for the officers at this time - and hundreds of seamen were in the hold and between guns
View attachment 219751

View attachment 219752

View attachment 219753

View attachment 219754

View attachment 219755

with the placed match you can get a feeling for the size
View attachment 219756

Once more sorry for the delay in posting more photos...... I will improve it ......

Many Thanks for your interest
;p

20210307_115904.jpg

I have now been building from kit since Billung Boat started. I a Danisch born from Northwest of Jutland in front of the see- Jammerbugt - part of the Nordsee, and have been divided between Fishermen/ sailors part from my Mother- about 70%- the rest Carpenter· 30 %. I saw off my Father and little Brother working in out tool rooms with VERY little Tools. There were nearly none at that time. That is why I like Karls Work. Have now been living in South Spain -29 Years in Madrid and 20 Years down Soum with 1 Km to the seafront and beaches. A yacht port 5 km away.
AS mentioned I am buying (or was as I am now retiring with 77 years on my back) not that can or could build from scratch - if I got each and single one of the bulkhead drawn -I am very lousy with mathematic, so i have difficulties with all the lines. I still use my old Tools with a handsaw etc. The ONLY electric driving Tools I have is a Few Drewel -one fixed horizontal another on Vertical. My 1TH two big Ships was Norske Love and Victory in both cases every single part had to be cut/sewing by hand
It is petty because from the former East Germany I have got two -more and less 1x1 meter each - of a drawing of the ship that I served on the mid-1960, but I cannot separate the Bulkheads from each other to then been set on the Keel. There is or was not an instruction manual, only notes on tha drawing plans, but is nor a problem. I served 4 Years on this ship mainly based in the OST SEA (cold wartime)
some pic of my tools, missind the dreme,s

071---BASIC TOOLS.jpg

070--TOOL SET.jpg

Today I would like to show you all one of the highlights of this model

The stove of this ship of the line - fifferent to the often seen Bodie-stove, it is the danish way the stoves were constructed in this time

Once, during my visit of the war museum in Kopenhagen, I made some photos: of a stove model:

DSCN04391.jpg

This here is a contemporary danish drawing of such a type - smaller one

a1284c.jpg

The type of stove and the size is clearly shown in the original contemporary drawing of the Printz Friederich

2015-05-10-10-23-34-Gü.jpeg

and now we come to the modelingt of the stove

L1030808.JPG

L1030809.JPG

L1030810.JPG

L1030812.JPG

It is a normal and not oversized match !!!
L1030814.JPG

and now the same stove with blackened iron parts

L1030821.JPG

L1030832.JPG

L1030836.JPG

Уве, это шедевр. Даже с учетом того, что духовка на модели будет практически незаметна, но теперь мы знаем, как она выглядит.Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Uwe, this is a masterpiece. Even taking into account the fact that the oven on the model will be almost invisible, but now we know how it looks

Good evening,
thanks, Uwe, for sharing the fotos, and thanks for the likes and loves.
Please allow me a small remark: the danish cooks had to work up to 1780 with a much more simplier stove than the english collegues with their elaborated cooking machine (#228 is a danish drawing of an english stove).
BTW stirring the soup was only possible from the forecastle longing through the steam hatch.L1090171.JPG

Уве, это шедевр. Даже с учетом того, что духовка на модели будет практически незаметна, но теперь мы знаем, как она выглядит.Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Uwe, this is a masterpiece. Even taking into account the fact that the oven on the model will be almost invisible, but now we know how it looks
yes. in fact just in front of the kitchen, there was a wooden wall, to protect the kitchen from wind and water

yes. in fact just in front of the kitchen, there was a wooden wall, to protect the kitchen from wind and water
As I have told you before, You are a thorough Professional of building. You- have mentioned before, really knows how to work with Wood and its assembling. part of my family were professional wood builders, and we had a big tool room at home. then the cleanness and details - I have a Copy of all your Images been published here. I think too, that I have mentioned during Yeares 3 Ships- the sistership NORSKE LOWE -1Th 1977. Two went to TOP Fish Restaurant in Madrid- suppose they are gone. The 1Th one I build- before Laser Cut and many other Tools was Not available at the time. It was the Old handsaws-still have it. Has never used electric tools except for Dremel or Procon. I did not have and still, the correct drawing of the ships. 2 or 3 things come out here on your pics. I still have a question for you Karl. It is about the Gunports. In the KIT is where a square is to be glued un the hull. i have never seen it on another ship. If you can help here Karl -peandersen@telefonica.net -speak German. the 3Th ship in this series was Sofia Magalena
AL THOUGH MASTERPIECE WORTH FOR A MUSEUM
Finally not only for you Karl but all the Rest too, that I will now slowly slow down my work here. Both my Age- nearly 80- but my health too

B Norske love 1.jpg

L1030882 - Copy.JPG

L1030866 - Copy (2).JPG

L1030855 (1) - Copy.JPG

259 - Copy.jpg

Back