Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

My Wonder cutter.jpg

Ordered from Amazon and shipped from Micro Mark. Have seen these advertised and had to try one :rolleyes:
Ran a few test cuts on various materials and this thing does cut. You have to be careful and keep the blade moving or it will burn, as you can tell if you look closely at the tip of the blade which shows some discoloring. Redface

I was looking for a way to cleanly cut openings for cannons. I believe this is just the ticket.

Be interested to hear what others have experienced with this tool.

It does have a 50/50 duty cycle to avoid overheating and it will shut down if you exceed a 10-minute continuous run time.

View attachment 277217

Ordered from Amazon and shipped from Micro Mark. Have seen these advertised and had to try one :rolleyes:
Ran a few test cuts on various materials and this thing does cut. You have to be careful and keep the blade moving or it will burn, as you can tell if you look closely at the tip of the blade which shows some discoloring. Redface

I was looking for a way to cleanly cut openings for cannons. I believe this is just the ticket.

It does have a 50/50 duty cycle to avoid overheating and it will shut down if you exceed a 10-minute continuous run time.

Well, I have been thinking on this tool for a long time, to use it as you mentioned or similar situations, like opening a window. Will you be so kind to post pictures or let us know how it worked for you.

Thank you !!!
Daniel

Well, I have been thinking on this tool for a long time, to use it as you mentioned or similar situations, like opening a window. Will you be so kind to post pictures or let us know how it worked for you.

Thank you !!!
Daniel

I’m a long way from cutting my cannon ports (Planning far ahead) however I will be trying it out on other things and will update my post. One thing is that it takes very little pressure which makes for a nice even cut and the blade is very thin which results in a very narrow kerf.

yesterday I received a small delivery from company Knupfer based on the hint by @Lucius who used some of the material on his amazing model

IMG-8380.jpg

all these small "bolts" are lathe produced, so extremely accurate - and soooo small enough material for finishing all necessary bolts of my HMS Granado

In addition I found on their web-page these sets of brass tubes with different diameter which slide fit into each other - all 30cm long

IMG-8382.jpg

available are
0,3 - 0,5 - 0,7 - 0,9 mm
0,4 - 0,5 - 0,8 - 1,0 mm
1,1 - 1,3 - 1,5 - 1,7 mm

in the following the Biggest set is shown

IMG-8384.jpg

IMG-8383.jpg

Very usefull maybe for hinches, guns, wind-vane or other - I will see - I have them now........

For Square bolts 0.8 mm that @Uwek used on his Granado cross section and can be used in many other projects, I ordered from these 2 sellers. Will post pictures when they arrive in 1 month. Coming from Europe and not express shipping :)

Post in thread 'HMS GRANADO (1742) - midship section - POF by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...on-pof-by-caf-in-1-48-by-uwe.8675/post-211393

The Etsy seller picture looks they have square shanks, but also can be seen as round shanks. It isn't too clear if they are square or round. I wrote the seller, and confirmed they are square shanks. That is why I am posting the link below.

This is a seller I found on eBay.

Cheers
Daniel

Also, for square bolts:

This Tip was provided by @Oliver on the same Uwek's thread page I posted above. He found it on Amazon.de,, I am posting here the link for Amazon USA.

I ordered the 0.6 mm because I already ordered the 0.8 mm square Tacks as posted above.

This wire comes in both sizes.

Thank you !!! @Olivers Historic Shipyard

Solid Bare Copper Wire Square, Bright, Dead Soft, 25 Feet, 20 Gauge (Choose 14 to 22 ga.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QVLWWVN/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NAR7VQ0VP4GGSE1MYNPE?psc=1

Daniel

Ho Ho Ho

I got my copy of the

La MAHONESA​

34-gun Spanish frigates - 1789​

by Adrian Sorolla
published by ancre

a planset review of this french version will follow during the holidays
- the english version will follow in February 2022 when I receive it

Mahonesa.jpg

Мозе ли нека информација висе о васој масини ?Који мотор сте ористили и тако даље. Хвала

ENGLISH

Can you tell me more about your machine, which engine you used and so on. thanks

Yes Daniel these desks are a great back saver and make it a lot easier to work on models.
I have purchased 2 of similar desks from Home Depot but it comes with 2" thick wood top and it's 24" x 54"
and it will handle up to 300 lbs.
For you folks, if you live near a H.D. it's now on sale. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-Adjustable-Height-Work-Table-HOLT52XDB12/301809830

Arrived and installed. See the working bench on my log post.

Post in thread 'The Anatomy of the Bounty - AL-' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/the-anatomy-of-the-bounty-al.8285/post-211953

Cheers
Daniel

View attachment 277217

Ribs.jpg

While installing the ribs on my Speeljacht I had two ribs that were too high and had to cut the tops off below the top of the hull to allow space for inserting the deck framework. This being a very fragile structure I didn't want to put any excess pressure on the hull with a hobby knife or razor blade. There was no room for a Zona saw either so out came the Wonder Cutter and with barely any pressure it cut through the walnut ribs like a hot knife through butter. This is the first time I've used it other than some test cuts. It won't be the last. :D Well worth the bucks IMHO

View attachment 279107

While installing the ribs on my Speeljacht I had two ribs that were too high and had to cut the tops off below the top of the hull to allow space for inserting the deck framework. This being a very fragile structure I didn't want to put any excess pressure on the hull with a hobby knife or razor blade. There was no room for a Zona saw either so out came the Wonder Cutter and with barely any pressure it cut through the walnut ribs like a hot knife through butter. This is the first time I've used it other than some test cuts. It won't be the last. :D Well worth the bucks IMHO

Fantastic !! Keep us updated on future tasks and how it performed.

Thank you
Daniel

Spring Clamps.

I needed to replace and add more clamps for my little workshop. I found a vendor on line whose prices seemed reasonable.

PJ Tools

3959F0D3-73A2-4CB1-B8AF-C00E1B68988B.jpeg

I ordered both the 4 1/2 and 6 1/2 inch clamps. They seem to be quite substantial. The order arrived within several days after being placed.

Their service was excellent.
Jan

Spring Clamps.

I needed to replace and add more clamps for my little workshop. I found a vendor on line whose prices seemed reasonable.

PJ Tools

View attachment 279296

I ordered both the 4 1/2 and 6 1/2 inch clamps. They seem to be quite substantial. The order arrived within several days after being placed.

Their service was excellent.
Jan
I have a pile of those also. They are good for most jobs, but after a while I needed ones that could reach deeper, so bought a a dozen of these longer ones at the link below. The tips are rubber and grip better than the swiveling plastic tipped clamps, and they are still inexpensive. Currently Amazon is out of stock, but there may be other sources. Good tools are where you find them.

Clamps on Amazon

Back