Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Found this in a charity shop being annoyed as I gave mine away 4 years ago part started I had a quick look and I seemed to be nicely built so far I got home and had a closer look and lo and behold it's the very same one I gave to charity having got bored with it.
I only paid £15 it's for charity so I am not that bothered about itIMG_20221126_125753.jpg

Today many of us celebrate in The Netherlands the birthday of Sinterklaas. Gifts for all children and the older children/grown ups exchange surprises/gifts whether or not with poems reflecting on the events of the last year. I was given a set of Kirschen scrapers (and Brian Lavery's book "Wooden Warship Construction"). The set of scrapers will be useful as soon as I have finished the deck planking.
1670274108254.jpeg1670274138291.jpeg

Today many of us celebrate in The Netherlands the birthday of Sinterklaas. Gifts for all children and the older children/grown ups exchange surprises/gifts whether or not with poems reflecting on the events of the last year. I was given a set of Kirschen scrapers (and Brian Lavery's book "Wooden Warship Construction"). The set of scrapers will be useful as soon as I have finished the deck planking.
View attachment 344119View attachment 344120

Very nice gift, you will have a lot of friends with it, Herrmann. And always oil it after use, otherwise the surface will oxidise from the sweat of your hands, but I think you know that.

Something I’ve wanted for quite a few years. I’ve milled on my Taig lathe but there’s no comparison.

View attachment 345438

Hi Tony, congratulations. I understand this is quite a useful milling machine.
I don't own one yet, but my birthday is close and this will be on top of my wish list.

Last edited:
Hi Tony, congratulations. I understand this is quite a useful milling machine.
I don't owe one yet, but my birthday is close and this will be on top of my wish list.
Highly recommended. I found this used but used only a few times" brand new" with a rotary table for a great price.

My new Byrnes Variable Speed Disc Sander - What a piece of Art.

d5391fb5e6e609dc53eca8b369ab.jpg

6b8c7b635892b1a7501e8a0f100e.jpg

Dirk

My new Byrnes Variable Speed Disc Sander - What a piece of Art.

d5391fb5e6e609dc53eca8b369ab.jpg

6b8c7b635892b1a7501e8a0f100e.jpg

Dirk
A very good looking machine, and seems to be, that very precise work is possible. And this sander is looking different to the older version, so I guess it is a new release, or?
Some questions (sorry):
What is the reason, that you have additional three discs?
Different grain of sandpaper, and you can change the discs from the backside? Therefore the splitted two discs at the machine?
There is also a switch with CW and CWW visible - is the direction of rotation possible to change?
I guess it is a 230Volts version?

> so I guess it is a new release, or?

Yes.

>Therefore the splitted two discs at the machine?

Yes

> There is also a switch with CW and CWW visible - is the direction of rotation possible to change?

Yes and more important the speed :)

> I guess it is a 230Volts version?

120V/230V

:)

cheers

Dirk
I like it - "unfortunately" I have an Hegner disc sander, but this one could be an alternative for smaller sanding work directly on the table
200 turns as minimum is very good - sometimes a big advantage
The Hegner does not have variable speed, and with small parts it can happen, that the surface is slightly burned........ I have to think about the Burns

I like it - "unfortunately" I have an Hegner disc sander, but this one could be an alternative for smaller sanding work directly on the table
200 turns as minimum is very good - sometimes a big advantage
The Hegner does not have variable speed, and with small parts it can happen, that the surface is slightly burned........ I have to think about the Burns

New version. See site

Screenshot_20221215_064035_Chrome.jpg

New version. See site

View attachment 345751
Many Thanks - but the new version is unfortunately not described, only the older one.
Which one I will get when I order now? Who knows?
So I will wait for more information, I guess available mid of January

Back