Rattlesnake 1/48 - Harold M Hahn

Paper test, (deedwood)
Homemade or Panduro tissue paper. The sample on the left is panduro tissue paper.
View attachment 171634View attachment 171635View attachment 171636View attachment 171637View attachment 171638
Hi Norway, my dear friend :)
I am impressed by the photos that you are doing a professional and systematic workThumbsupOkay
I am also at the beginning of a similar phase with the Hannah.
your blog With the practices will also help me in planning and executing the following steps.
Thank you very much, I will continue to follow with great interest

Thanks friends, I must admit that this job takes a very long time, and I discover things along the way such as fex, 2 half frames were damaged, 2 half frames of another type missing, 1 full frame broken and 1 full frame incorrectly glued / too large gap. and there will probably be more along the way, fortunately I have a lot of materials to take off, regards-

@PoulD, Homemade black paper is, white paper towels, such as sold for garage use, I have a large drum on a stand.
Stained with black acrylic water-based stain, three times on each side, drying between each time, result, stronger then panduro that cracks very easily.
The samples look almost complete, so I have not decided what to use.

Adjustment of frames.
Now all the frames are finished with the help of power tools.
Fine adjustment will be by hand.
Some of the frames went in the rubbish bin, so I have made materials to make new ones.
A YTRE SLIPING (1).jpgA YTRE SLIPING (2).jpgA YTRE SLIPING (3).jpgA YTRE SLIPING (4).jpgA YTRE SLIPING (5).jpgB INDRE SLIPING (1).jpgB INDRE SLIPING (2).jpgC KJØL SPOR (1).jpgC KJØL SPOR (2).jpgC KJØL SPOR (3).jpgD NYE MATERIALER (1).jpgD NYE MATERIALER (2).jpgD NYE MATERIALER (3).jpg

Norway, My dear friend :)
the frames looks excellent, I have been leaning allot from your explanation & from the pictures. tank's allot ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Thank you friends, all the frames are now pressed between glass plates with weights on top so that they are not deformed before the next step.
Next is the keel and bow before the frames are more adapted, rabbed, black paper, aso-

Coming along very well. i like how well organized you are with your process Knut! This is a ship I haven't decided on yet, Why I am consider it because I have the plans of the snake in 3 different scales that i purchased for the price of a bag of peanuts a few years back. A timbering kit for the snake and over 2 dozen plans of ships(several Hahn Plans too) that they were letting go for practically nothing. Ergo real cheap.

HEY KNUT,
WELL HERE YOU GO....

DRUID 1/48
RATTLESNAKE 1/96, 1/48, 1/32 plus a wood upgrade kit at 1/48
BOUNTY 1/48
BLUENOSE A KIT PLAN
MAHOGANY RUNNER RC KIT PLAN
PINTA 1/96
HMS DIANA
A LOBSTER BOAT
SKIFF

Got'em a few year back, and this is what i can remember. I put them away and haven't looked at them in a while. But if memory serves a total of about 30-32 plans. All for 25.00 bucks. I plan on selling most and capitalize on my investment. probably a buck a piece for each one I sell. Haha, nah i am not a profiteer. When i will sell ??? one of these days. It was a garage sale, the gent had past and they just wanted them out of here. You know I was at the right place at the right time. I picked several boat kits and plastic kits.....cars and boats.

Keel.
I had to make a new keel because the previous one I made has twisted because I have not stored it on a flat surface.
As I do with the frames I have made, the keel is also stored between two glass plates with a weight on top.
I have used the mill because then I will have exactly the right angles to work with during fine tuning.
This will also be nicely adjusted as the installation takes place.

b KJØL (1).jpgb KJØL (2).jpgb KJØL (3).jpgC - KEEL (1).jpgC - KEEL (3).jpg
Greeting-

Back