Rattlesnake 1/48 - Harold M Hahn

Lawrence, if I sand the pieces parallel to this grinding plate and the aluminum block, then I will preserve the existing angles,
View attachment 152187
Hello Knut, I am not sure what you mean! I made masters for each section of the hull framing, checking and re checking to insure that I had the correct angle. I then marked out all of these pices and then sawed them out. I then took all of the same angles for all of the framing pices and set up my miter gage and sanded to the line. Repeating this for the next angle and so on. I do have a few pictures on page 2, I believe of my build log, just for clarification. Hope this helps.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence, I've done exactly the same thing as you did, the angle of all the parts is correct.
I just want to remove the black marks after grinding. a final correction.
View attachment 152615
Knut-
Hello Knut, I found if I sanded my blanks at a very slight cut than it will remove those burn marks. You can also get them from to slow of a sanding Try sanding at different feed speeds, it's not hard but when you find the answer then you are away.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence, I want to do as you say, for not to ruin the angle of the materials that have already been made, a lot of other work lately, therefore little updates,

Well done Knut. I like the snake. I have a custom upgraded wood package for the rattlesnake and hahn's plans in 3 different scales I purchased years back, so i will watch how your build progresses here. Have fun.

Pattern ready and gluing has started.
I use window scraper and soapy water between each bunch I glue the parts.
View attachment 165320View attachment 165321View attachment 165322View attachment 165323View attachment 165324View attachment 165325View attachment 165326

Forstettes-
Hello Knut,
I read your log and learned a lot, with the pictures superbly illustrating what is written. the process is very impressive The working methods and order in the process are very instructive, I will try to apply in the construction my ship's. Ship-1Thumbsup

A little about the work before I glue the double frames together.
Removes old markings, scrapes away excess glue, light sanding, vacuums and re-marks the parts.
I am careful with the marking of the parts which are glue side and outer side.
bb (1).jpgbb (4).jpgbb (5).jpg

Greeting-

The parts so far.
All frame parts are glued and are ready to double.
Keel, bow, stern, I'm not quite sure if I should split the keel where the rabbet should be,
I will make dead wood in a different way, in several parts.
bb (6).jpgbb (7).jpgbb (8).jpgbb (9).jpgbb (10).jpg
Greeting-

Back